At their April 25, 2017 meeting the Board of Selectmen received an update from Eversource on the proposed gas gate station at Elm Street, which would be located next to the Apple Tree Hill Road condos and near the Elmwood Elementary School. The permit for the project is expected to be filed with the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU), however there will be a pubic hearing and public comment period. A quote from selectmen Chairman John Coutinho in the Hopkinton Crier article: “We voted to oppose the siting on Elm Street. We are hoping before they (Eversource) go before the DPU they’ll reconsider other sites.” Rep. Dykema and Sen. Spilka have also written a letter asking Eversource to look at alternative locations. A group of residents opposed to the project has set up a website, petition and Facebook page.
Documents from the 4-25-17 Selectmen’s Meeting:
- Eversource Answers to Town Manager’s Questions
- Letter from Rep Dykema and Sen Spilka asking Eversource to consider alternative locations
- Eversource Powerpoint from the 04-25-17 Selectmen’s Meeting
- Selectmen Deny Eversource Petitions for Work on West Elm, West Main and South Street. By Michelle Murdock, Hopkinton Independent http://www.hopkintonindependent.com/admin/current061517.pdf
- Hopkinton neighbors oppose Eversource’s gas gate station. By Jonathan Phelps, Hopkinton Crier
- Utility plans jolt residents in Needham, Sudbury, and Hopkinton – The Boston Globe