FY19 Budget Joint Meeting
New Date & Location Due to Weather Forecast:
Friday, March 9 at 3:00 PM
Temporary Town Hall, 80 South St.
The meeting will NOT be recorded by HCAM-TV Update: The meeting was recorded after all, here is the link to the video.
Wednesday, March 7 at 6:00 PM
Hopkinton Senior Center, 28 Mayhew St
FY19 Budget Requests (Discussion/Action) The Board of Selectmen will continue reviewing FY19 budget requests, including FY19-22 financial projections and maintaining tax impact at 5% or less. The Board has invited the School Committee
and Appropriation Committee to participate.
Read the FY19 Budget Plan Changes document from the 2-8-18 Joint Budget Meeting. Although the need for an operational budget override is no longer being forecast, the projected numbers show a 7.1% tax increase impact for the average household for next year. A large portion of the tax increase is debt exclusions voted by residents at past town meetings. A list of the debt exclusions and the date of the votes is on pages 3-4 of the FY19 Budget Plan Changes document.
- DRAFT 2018 Town Meeting Warrant
- School Committee Budget Projections FY19-22
- FY19 Budget Plan Changes (as of 2-8-18)
Watch the budget meetings and presentations:
- Joint FY19 Budget Meeting 2-8-18 (Selectmen, School Committee, Appropriation Committee)
- School Committee Meeting 3-1-18 – Budget discussions start at 1h40m into the meeting.
- Board of Selectmen Meeting 1-16-18 – Budget discussions start at 1h47m into the meeting.
- School Committee Public Hearing and Vote on the Budget 1-11-18 – Budget discussions including public comments start at 30m into the meeting.