Select Board Actions Taken 12/17/19
License Renewals • Special Town Election Date Selection • Annual Town Meeting
The meeting video is available on the HCAM YouTube Channel and the Actions Taken are posted in blue below.
TOWN OF HOPKINTON
SELECT BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Hopkinton Town Hall, 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA – Room 215/216
Tuesday, December 17, 2019 5:30 PM
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
i. Minutes: The Board will consider approving executive session minutes for 11/5/19, 12/3/19 and 12/9/19.
ii. To discuss strategy with respect to contract negotiations with DPW, Fire and Dispatch Communications unions.
iii. To consider strategy with regard to contract negotiations with non-union staff – Town Manager and Police Chief.
iv. To consider strategy with respect to the lease, sale or value of a potential surplus real property.
6:30 PM PUBLIC SESSION – CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:35 PM PUBLIC FORUM
Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM PROCLAMATIONS
1. The Select Board will consider approving Proclamations for three Eagle Scouts of
Hopkinton Troop #1: Ryan Canfield, Andrew D’Alleva and Ethan Ritterbusch.
6:55 PM CONSENT AGENDA (ACTION)
i. BOARD MINUTES
The Select Board will consider approving the minutes of the 12/3/19 and 12/9/19 Select Board Meetings.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
7:00 PM LICENSE RENEWALS (ACTION)
3. The Select Board will continue approving License Renewals for calendar year 2020.
Supporting Exhibit: Yearly License Renewals for December 17, 2019
● The Select Board approved Common Victualer, Entertainment and Restaurant All Alcoholic Beverages licenses for DKW, LLC d/b/a Central Public House, 42 Main St. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved Common Victualer, Restaurant Wine & Malt Beverages and Entertainment licenses for Dunne and Oliviera, LLC d/b/a Bittersweet, 22-24 Main St. subject to satisfactory Fire Department inspection. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved Retail Package Store Wine & Malt Regular and Common Victualer
licenses for The Belladora Corporation d/b/a The Vin Bin, 22 South St. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved General On-Premises All Alcoholic Beverages and Entertainment licenses for Hopkinton Tennis & Swim Club, 27 Lumber St. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved Common Victualer and Entertainment licenses for Hop-Yo Inc., 36 Main St., subject to satisfactory inspection by Building Dept. and Fire Dept. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved a Common Victualer license for Marathon Pizza, 30 Main St. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved a Common Victualer license for Hiller’s Pizza, 77 West Main St. (4-1)
7:15 PM SPECIAL TOWN ELECTION DATE SELECTION (ACTION)
4. The Select Board will set the date for a Special Town Election pursuant to Articles 3, 4
and 5 of the December 9, 2019 Special Town Meeting, and will consider signing the Special Town Election Warrant.
The Select Board set the date for a Special Town Election on February 3, 2020. (5-0) The Select Board voted to sign the Feb. 3, 2020 Special Town Election Warrant. (5-0)
7:30 PM ANNUAL TOWN MEETING/ARTICLES/BYLAW CHANGES (ACTION)
5. The Select Board will open the May 4, 2020 Annual Town Meeting Warrant on or before
January 2, 2020. The warrant would close on February 3, 2020 (90 days before the ATM). The Select Board will discuss its own potential articles, including any General Bylaw changes. Supporting Exhibit: Potential 2020 Annual Town Meeting Articles
The Select Board voted to open the Annual Town Meeting Warrant on January 2, 2020 and to close the Warrant on February 3, 2020. (5-0)
7:45 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
6. a. Main Street Corridor Project Update b. FY 21 Budget Update Supporting Exhibit: Town Manager Report for December 17, 2019
8:00 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
7. Supporting Exhibits: 2019-2020 Liaison Assignments; Select Board Invites for December 17, 2019
8:05 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
8:10 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
- Email from Josh & Marrin Cahn – accessibility to voting
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts-Dept. of Public Utilities-Notice of filing public hearings & procedural conference – NSTAR Gas Company – General increase in gas base distribution rates.
- Verizon FIOS TV-LFA Notification – TVP Polonia Channel 1776 Removal
Upcoming Board Meetings
- January 7, 2020
- January 21, 2020
- February 4, 2020
- February 25, 2020
The listed matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair to be discussed at the meeting. Not all items may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Unless an agenda item is a posted public hearing, the matter may be considered earlier than the indicated time if there are last minute cancellations or other unforeseen events which cause the Board to move more quickly through the agenda.
Click here for the entire meeting packet, which includes permits, applications, letters and other information.