Planning Board Actions Taken 03/09/20
Agenda Items & Actions Taken (unofficial):
- Administrative Items
- Form K Lot Release – Lot A-2-3 and Restricted Land Covenant – Legacy Farms North – Discussed and Continued until 3-23-20 Meeting. Requested an update before the next meeting from the Town and Legacy Farms regarding the payments due to the town.
- Minutes of January 13, 2020; January 27, 2020; February 10, 2020 – All approved
- New Public Hearing – Zoning Articles for Town Meeting. Proposed amendments to the Hopkinton Zoning Bylaw and Zoning Map, including:
- Amend Article XIX, Nonconforming Lots, Uses and Structures, Section 210-128, to allow for a waiver issued by the Zoning Enforcement Officer for certain uses that do not alter the footprint or overall height of a pre-existing nonconforming structure. – Recommended approval at Town Meeting
- Modify Article XVI, Wireless Telecommunications Facilities, in order to bring the regulations current with Federal wireless telecommunications regulations. – Recommended approval at Town Meeting
- Modify Article XVIII, Supplementary Regulations, Section 210-126, to remove the requirement that occupants of Accessory Dwelling Units be family “related by blood, marriage or adoption”, to remove the requirement for an interior connection, and to remove the age-restricted provision. – Recommended approval at Town Meeting
- Amend Article XXVII, Signs, Section 210-179, to allow for additional temporary signage for businesses determined to be affected by construction within a public right-of-way. – Discussed and continued to 3-23-20, will consider some wording changes
- Modify Article VIA, Downtown Business (BD) District, Section 210-20.3, to remove “car washes” as a use allowed by Special Permit. – Recommended approval at Town Meeting
- Amend Article VIIIA, Industrial B (IB) District, Section 210-37.9, to correct the numbering so as to be consistent with the rest of the Zoning Bylaw. – Recommended approval at Town Meeting
- Establish the Commercial Solar Photovoltaic Overlay District and amend the Zoning Map to place all or a portion of the following parcels within the Commercial Solar Photovoltaic Overlay District, without affecting the underlying zoning of said parcels, as applicable. – Continued discussion until 4-13-20 Meeting – added some parcels to the map and new abutters will be notified prior to the meeting.
- Continued Public Hearing – Solar Special Permit and Stormwater Management Permit – APPLICANT HAS REQUESTED CONTINUATION TO APRIL 13, 2020 – No Discussion – Continued to 4-13-20
- New Public Hearing – Major Site Plan Review – 25-35 Main Street (Hopkinton Village Center) – LFJ Development Corp. – Discussed and continued to 3-23-20. A site walk was scheduled for 3-14-20 at 9:00 AM.
Business to be considered by the Board at any time during the meeting:
- Legacy Farms Road/East Main Street Traffic Light Status – New Timeline in Packet – Expected completion date July/August 2020
- Legacy Farms Fiscal Analysis – Discussed above under Agenda Item 1a.
- Growth Study Committee Update
- Discussion regarding cul-de-sac length in OSLPD developments
- OSLPD regulation change recommendations to ZAC
- Master Plan Action Items
- Lumber Street/West Main Street improvements
- Legacy Farms North (Section formerly known as Rafferty Road) – Discussion about disrepair
- Main Street Downtown Corridor update
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness and Climate Change discussion
- Future agenda items, correspondence
Materials for this Meeting: