Select Board Actions Taken 06/01/21
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:05 PM SELECT BOARD REORGANIZATION
2. The Select Board will consider selecting a Chair and Vice Chair for the next year.
The Select Board selected Irfan Nasrullah as Chair. (5-0)
The Select Board selected Amy Ritterbusch as Vice Chair. (5-0)
6:10 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:20 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the 5/18/21 Select Board meeting.
ii. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a $2,000 gift from the Hopkinton Community Partnership for the K-9 gift account.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:25 PM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BUILDING COMMITTEE
5. The Select Board will receive a final report of the Elementary School Building Committee for the Marathon Elementary School, and consider thanking the members for their service and dissolving the Committee.
The Select Board dissolved the Elementary School Building Committee for Center School/Marathon Elementary School and thanked the members for their service to the community. (5-0)
6:40 PM APPOINTMENT – NEW EMPLOYEE
6. The Select Board will consider the appointment of Robert LeDuc as Working Foreman (Highway) at the Dept. of Public Works.
The Select Board appointed Robert LeDuc as Working Foreman (Highway) in the Department of Public Works. (4-0)
6:45 PM PUBLIC HEARING- APPLICATION TO TRANSFER MGL CH. 138 SECTION 15 PACKAGE
7. STORE ALCOHOL LICENSE – HOPKINTON WINE & SPIRITS, 77 WEST MAIN ST.
The Select Board will hold a public hearing to consider an application for the transfer of ownership, but not location, of a Section 15 Package Store All Alcohol license from RKY-HPTK Corp. to Jai Shiv Om Kara Inc., d/b/a Hopkinton Wine & Spirits, at 77 West Main St.
The Select Board approved the transfer of the Section 15 alcohol license to Jai Shiv Om Kara., d/b/a Hopkinton Wine & Spirits, 77 West Main St., and approved a pledge of license and pledge of inventory. (5-0)
7:00 PM PUBLIC HEARING- APPLICATION TO TRANSFER MGL CH. 138 SECTION 15 PACKAGE
8. STORE ALCOHOL LICENSE – HOPKINTON FRIENDLY SERVICES, 92 WEST MAIN ST.
The Select Board will hold a public hearing to review an application for the transfer of ownership, but not location, of a Section 15 Package Store Wine & Malt Alcohol license from Hopkinton Friendly Service to Global Montello Group Corp. d/b/a Mobil Mart Hopkinton, at 92 West Main St.
The Select Board approved the transfer of the Section 15 alcohol license to Global Montello Group Corp. d/b/a Mobil Mart Hopkinton, 92 West Main St. (4-0)
7:10 PM PUBLIC HEARING- HOPKINTON CENTER FOR THE ARTS REQUEST FOR EXCEPTION TO
9. LEASE ADDENDUM, 98 HAYDEN ROWE, TO PERMIT OUTDOOR ALCOHOL SERVICE AT HCA EVENTS
The Select Board will hold a public hearing on a request from the Hopkinton Center for the Arts (HCA) for an exception to the lease addendum which would allow alcohol service outside at HCA events this year. The Select Board will review and consider a draft Lease Addendum that would allow the activity.
The Select Board approved a Lease Addendum to allow for outdoor alcohol service at HCA events from June 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021 under the terms and conditions contained in the Addendum, and authorized the Town Manager to sign the Lease Addendum. (4-0)
7:20 PM TOWN MANAGER, POLICE CHIEF, AND FIRE CHIEF ANNUAL GOALS
10. The Select Board will consider reviewing and discussing annual goals of the Town Manager, Police Chief and Fire Chief.
7:30 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
11. i. Main Street Corridor Project Update
ii. Release of Executive Session Minutes
7:35 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
12. The Select Board will consider FY22 Liaison Assignments.
7:40 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
13. Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:45 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board:
1. Xfinity Programming Advisory
2. Public Hearing Notice – 44 Hayden Rowe – Board of Appeals
3. Acceler-8 I-90 Bridge Replacements Project Update – I-90 Movable Barrier Trial Run June 4-6
4. Acceler-8 I-90 Bridge Replacements Project Update – Full Schedule of Weekend Bridge Replacements and Travel Impacts Beginning June 18