Select Board Actions Taken 09/21/21
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions, and negotiations with non-union staff, because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
b. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider litigation strategy with respect to the complaint filed with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination in Anderson v. Town of Hopkinton, MCAD docket number 21WEM01645, because an open meeting would have a detrimental on the Town’s litigation position.
c. To approve executive session Minutes (9/7/2021).
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the September 7, 2021 meeting.
b. PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION, WICKED 5K FUN RUN, OCTOBER 31, 2021 – The Select Board will consider approving a Parade Permit for the Wicked 5K fun run, to be held on Saturday, October 31, 2021. The course starts and ends at the Hopkinton Center for Arts at 10:30am. The course follows Loop Rd counter-clockwise without and back spurs on Center Trail extension, no road closures are requested.
c. ACCEPT A DONATION FOR THE FIRE DEPARTMENT – The Select Board will consider accepting a $20,000 donation which is designated to benefit the needs of the Hopkinton Fire Department. The donation is to remain anonymous.
d. ACCEPT A DONATION FOR THE HOPKINTON SENIOR CENTER – The Select Board will consider accepting a $25,000 donation which is designated to benefit the needs of the Hopkinton Senior Center. The donation is to remain anonymous.
e. ACCEPT A DONATION FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT – The Select Board will consider accepting a $20,000 donation which is designated to benefit the needs of the Hopkinton Police Department. The donation is to remain anonymous.
● The Select Board approved Consent Agenda items a and b. (5-0)
● The Select Board accepted anonymous donations of $20,000 for the Fire Department, $25,000 for the Senior Center, and $20,000 for the Police Department. (5-0)
6:50 PM APPOINTMENTS – TOWN EMPLOYEES
5. The Select Board will consider confirming the Town Manager’s appointment of Renee Chen as Deputy Assessor, Laurie St. John as Administrative Assistant, Finance, and Susan Sadhegi, Administrative Assistant, Finance.
● The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Renee Chen as Deputy Assessor. (5-0)
● The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Susan Sadhegi as Administrative Assistant, Finance. (5-0)
● The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Laurie St. John as Administrative Assistant, Finance. (5-0)
6:55 PM CENTER SCHOOL UPDATE BY PERMANENT BUILDING COMMITTEE
6. The Select Board will receive an informational update from the Permanent Building Committee on its progress reviewing the feasibility of continuing municipal uses at Center School as recommended by the Center School Reuse Advisory Group.
7:05 PM COVID-19 UPDATE
7. The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
7:10 PM SELECT BOARD/TOWN MANAGER WEBSITE
8. The Select Board will review the Select Board/Town Manager page on the Town website.
7:20 PM ADA OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
9. The Select Board and Town Manager will discuss recruiting members for the ADA Oversight Committee.
The Select Board voted that the Town Manager develop a revised Charge for the ADA Oversight Committee, and develop a recruitment plan for membership, for Select Board review. (5-0)
7:30 PM POLICY CONCERNING HOPKINTON LNG FACILITY
10. The Select Board will review and consider adopting a policy concerning the Hopkinton LNG facility.
The Select Board adopted the Policy Concerning Hopkinton LNG Facility. (5-0)
7:35 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
11. The Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project Update
b. Chapter 61A Notice of Intent – Conversion of Use – 0 & 5 Mechanic Street, Wood Street.
c. Town Manager and Human Resources Director Update on the Town’s Talent Acquisition and Optimization strategy and process.
d. Release of Executive Session Minutes
7:40 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
12. Select Board members will consider providing liaison reports and reviewing invitations.
7:45 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
13. The Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:50 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Planning Board Resignation – Deborah Fein-Brug
2. Issuance of Chapter 91 Waterways License, I-495/I-90
Materials for this Meeting: