Select Board Actions Taken 01/10/23
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
The Select Board will meet in executive session:
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider litigation strategy with respect to the complaint filed with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination in Ann Karnofsky v. Town of Hopkinton, MCAD docket number 22BPA03008, because an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the Town’s litigation position;
b. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 2) to consider strategy with respect to negotiations with non-union personnel (Police Chief and Town Manager);
c. To approve executive session Minutes (12/20/2022).
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the December 20, 2022 meeting.
b. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $300 from the Legacy Farms neighborhood to the Fire Department.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:45 PM NEW TOWN POSITION/EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT
5. The Select Board will consider confirming the Town Manager’s appointment of Anna Rogers as the Environmental and Inspectional Services Coordinator in the Land Use, Planning and Permitting Department.
Supporting Exhibits: Application Materials
The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Anna Rogers as Environmental and
Inspectional Services Coordinator. (4-0)
6:50 PM RECOGNITION – EAGLE SCOUTS
6. The Select Board will recognize new Eagle Scouts:
● Kyle Fichesser – Built warm up pitching mounds and home plate areas on the side of each field at EMC park.
● Chris Holly – Built a large shelter at the Baypath Humane Society to protect the dogs and allow for more use during the summer and winter seasons, and during inclement weather.
● Dan McCabe – Refurbished a prayer garden at St. Matthews Parish.
7:00 PM REGIONAL EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
7. The Select Board will consider Hopkinton’s participation in a Regional Emergency Communications Center, reviewing feasibility study results, correspondence and information received to date. No vote on the Intermunicipal Agreement will take place at this meeting.
Supporting Exhibit: Google Folder of Resident Feedback
7:10 PM SUSTAINABLE GREEN COMMITTEE UPDATE
8. The Select Board will receive an update from the Sustainable Green Committee on:
● Climate Action Plan, including the Greenhouse Gas Inventory
● Net Zero Resolution for Annual Town Meeting
● Municipal Aggregation Plan
Supporting Exhibits: Presentation; Net Zero Resolution
7:20 PM LAKE MASPENOCK WEED MANAGEMENT & ADVISORY COMMITTEE UPDATE
9. The Select Board will meet with the Lake Maspenock Weed Management and Advisory Committee to discuss its recommendation to use herbicides in Lake Maspenock next year for weed management.
Supporting Exhibits: Order of Conditions; Lake Maspenock Aquatic Vegetation Control
& Management Plan (2021)
7:30 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
10. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project
b. Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) treatment project
c. Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) Southborough Interconnection project
Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Report
7:40 PM MAY 1, 2023 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
11. The Select Board will consider discussing its potential Annual Town Meeting articles, including any General Bylaw changes.
Supporting Exhibits: Annual Town Meeting Timeline; Annual Town Meeting Announcement
7:45 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
12. Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
7:50 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
13. Board members will identify future agenda items.
Supporting Exhibit: Board Member Future Agenda Items
7:55 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Certificate of Planning Board Action – Capobianco Family Subdivision
2. 12-27-2022 Email from Ed Thompson – Light Display
3. Board of Appeals Notice of Decision – 7 Donna Pass
4. I-495/I-290 Interchange Improvements Project
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. January 24, 2023
2. January 31, 2023
3. February 7, 2023
4. February 14, 2023
5. February 28, 2023
Materials for this Meeting:
- Agenda and Meeting Packet
- YouTube Video – 3 hours 21 minutes (full meeting)
- YouTube Video – 6 minutes (actions taken summary)
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: MWRA/PFAS costs rise; Maspenock herbicide plan discussed; Eagle Scouts recognized“
- Read “RECC discussion continues, with Select Board members expressing hesitation“