Select Board Actions Taken 6/11/19
Library Gift • Veteran’s Gift • Hopkinton Public Library Foundation • Staff Appointments • South Asian Circle of Hopkinton • Farmer’s Market • Water and Sewer Rates
The meeting video is available on the HCAM YouTube Channel and the Actions Taken are posted in blue below.
TOWN OF HOPKINTON
SELECT BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Hopkinton Town Hall, 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA – Room 215/216
Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:30 PM
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER, PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:35 PM PUBLIC FORUM
1. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding town government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA (ACTION)
i. BOARD MINUTES:
The Select Board will consider approving the 5/28/19 Select Board Minutes.
ii. LIBRARY GIFT
The Select Board will consider accepting a $100 donation to the Hopkinton Public Library Gift Fund from the Trails Club.
iii. VETERAN’S CELEBRATION COMMITTEE GIFT
The Select Board will consider accepting a $175 donation to the Veteran’s Celebration Committee from Rev. Richard E. Cannon, pastor of St. John the Evangelist Church, to help defray costs of Memorial Day ceremonies and Veteran’s Day dinner.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:45 PM HOPKINTON PUBLIC LIBRARY FOUNDATION DONATION
3. The Select Board will consider accepting a donation of $436,606.00, which is
equivalent to the FY20 debt service for the Hopkinton Public Library, from Laura Barry on behalf of the Hopkinton Public Library Foundation. Supporting Exhibits: Donation letter from Hopkinton Public Library Foundation
The Select Board accepted a $436,606 donation from the Hopkinton Public Library Foundation. (4-0)
6:50 PM STAFF APPOINTMENTS
4. The Select Board will affirm the Town Manager’s appointment of Andrea Conboy as
Hopkinton Public Library Children’s Librarian; and Michael Connolly as Town Treasurer/Collector until July 19, 2019. Supporting Exhibits: Andrea Conboy Resume
● The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Andrea Conboy as Children’s Librarian. (4-0)
● The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Michael Connolly as Treasurer/Collector until July 31, 2019. (4-0)
6:55 PM SOUTH ASIAN CIRCLE OF HOPKINTON – COMMUNITY BASED ENGINEERING PROGRAM
5. The Select Board will hear a presentation from the South Asian Circle of Hopkinton
which will introduce a new Community Based Engineering program this summer for Elementary school aged children. It will be a one week program with an Expo at the end of the day. The topic is: Introduction to Community Based Engineering Summer program.
7:05 PM BOND ANTICIPATION NOTE (ACTION)
6. The Select Board will consider approving a new Bond Anticipation Note (BAN) in the
amount of $4,518,918. Supporting Exhibits: BAN Memo; Bids-BAN June 2019; Note Form & Opinion; Tax Certificate; Certificate BAN; Significant events disclosure certificate; Vote of the Board
The Select Board approved the Bond Anticipation Note in the amount of $4,518,918. (5-0)
7:15 PM CHANGE OF MANAGER – ZIO’S QUATTRO, INC., 22 SOUTH STREET #101
7. The Select Board will consider approving a Change of Manager from Kimberly Winshman
to Paul Winshman for Zio’s Quattro, Inc., 22 South Street, #101. Supporting Exhibits: Application and supporting documents; Permitting Team Comments
7:25 PM FARMER’S MARKET LICENSE – HOPKINTON FARMERS MARKET – LITTLE BEEHIVE FARM
8. The Select Board will consider approving a M.G.L. c.138 §15F Farmer’s Market License
for Little Beehive Farm of Holiston, MA to sell mead at the Hopkinton Farmer’s Market on Sundays from June 9, 2019 to October 13, 2019. An M.G.L. c.138, Section 15F certification has been approved by the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR). The retail sale and sampling must be completed in accordance with MDAR regulations (sample size cannot exceed 1-ounce and no more than 5 samples can be served to a single individual); Samples must be provided in single-use, disposable cups; vendor must provide suitable trash receptacles to accommodate the sample cups; Vendor must ID individuals requesting a sample to verify that they are of legal age, and bottles opened and used for sampling cannot be sold to the public. All paperwork including TIPS certifications and insurance has been provided. Supporting Exhibits: Application and supporting documents; Permitting Team Comments
The Select Board approved a Farmers Market License for Little Beehive Farm to sell mead at the Hopkinton Farmers Market from June 9, 2019 to October 13, 2019. (5-0)
7:35 PM WATER AND SEWER RATE DISCUSSION
9. he Select Board will hold a preliminary discussion of the municipal water and sewer rates. A Public Hearing on the same is scheduled for June 25, 2019. Supporting Exhibits: FY20 Water & Sewer Rate Study Report; FY20 Water Rate Study Workbook; FY20 Sewer Rate Study Workbook
8:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
10. a. Main Street Corridor Project
b. International Marathon Center RFP
c. Performance Evaluations
d. Health Insurance Update
e. Hopkinton Marathon School Solar project
Supporting Exhibits: International Marathon Center RFP; Marathon School Solar Site Control Agreement
8:15 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
11. Supporting Exhibits: 2019-2020 Liaison Assignment List; Board Invites;
List of Select Board Invites for June 11, 2019
8:30 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
8:40 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
- Xfinity – Changes to Xfinity packages with Cinemax
Upcoming Board Meetings
- June 25, 2019
- July 9, 2019
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
The listed matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair to be discussed at the meeting. Not all items may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Unless an agenda item is a posted public hearing, the matter may be considered earlier than the indicated time if there are last minute cancellations or other unforeseen events which cause the Board to move more quickly through the agenda.
Click here for the entire meeting packet, which includes permits, applications, letters and other information.