Select Board Actions Taken 7/9/19
Police Officer Appointments • Senior Center GIfts • Hopkinton Family Day Banner • Garden Club • Street Acceptance • Annual Appointments • Town Manager Report
The meeting video is available on the HCAM YouTube Channel and the Actions Taken are posted in blue below.
TOWN OF HOPKINTON
SELECT BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Hopkinton Town Hall, 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA – Room 215/216
(Executive session will be held in Room 211)
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:00 PM
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
To consider litigation strategy with respect to Abbott v. Town of Hopkinton.
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:35 PM PUBLIC FORUM
Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding town government.
6:40 PM POLICE OFFICER APPOINTMENTS
2. The Select Board will consider appointing Robert Ekross as Police Officer.
The Select Board appointed Robert Ekross as a Police Officer for the Town of Hopkinton. (3-0)
6:50 PM CONSENT AGENDA (ACTION)
i. BOARD MINUTES:
The Select Board will consider approving the 6/25/19 Select Board Minutes.
ii. SENIOR CENTER GIFTS
The Select Board will consider accepting two gifts for the Senior Center:
a. A Kimball piano from Bushell Piano Movers. b. Five wheelchairs from Dell – “Wheelchair in Motion” team building event.
iii. HOPKINTON FAMILY DAY BANNER:
The Select Board will consider approving a request for a 40 ft. x 4 ft. banner to be hung across Main Street from September 1, 2019 through September 14, 2019 for 2019 Hopkinton Family Day. The proposed banner complies with the Zoning Bylaw size requirement and staff recommend approval. Supporting Exhibits: Request from Friends of Hopkinton.
The Select Board approved Consent Agenda items i and ii. (3-0) The Select Board approved the Hopkinton Family Day banner over Main St. from 9/1/19 to 9/14/19. (3-0)
6:55 PM HOPKINTON GARDEN CLUB PRESENTATION
4. The Hopkinton Garden Club will provide an update on its volunteer beautification efforts
to the Select Board.
7:00 PM STREET ACCEPTANCE – ORDERS OF TAKING (ACTION)
5. The Board of Selectmen will consider voting, pursuant to Article 48 of the May 6, 2019
Annual Town Meeting, to execute Orders of Taking of the following private ways: Hunters Ridge Way and Penny Meadow Lane, together with easements for drainage, utilities and other purposes. Supporting Exhibits: Orders of Taking for Hunters Ridge Way and Penny Meadow Lane; Certified Vote, ATM Article 48
The Select Board voted, pursuant to Article 48 of the 5/6/19 Annual Town Meeting, to execute Orders of Taking of the following private ways: Hunters Ridge Way, from South Mill St. to South Mill St., and Penny Meadow Lane, from South Mill St. to dead end; together with easements for drainage, utility, and other purposes. (3-0)
7:10 PM HOPKINTON LNG/EVERSOURCE UPDATE
6. The Town Manager and Town Counsel will provide a general update on the Hopkinton
Eversource/LNG projects to the Select Board and the public.
7:30 PM ANNUAL APPOINTMENTS BY SELECT BOARD (ACTION)
7. The Select Board will make appointments to several boards and committees for
various terms and will consider appointing certain officials:
1. Board and Committee Appointments – Conservation Commission; Cultural
Council; Marathon Committee; Marathon Fund Committee; Trail Coordination and Management Committee; Upper Charles Trail Committee; Woodville Historic District Commission
2. Traffic Constables
Supporting Exhibits: Board/Committee and Other Appointments July 9, 2019; Vacancy Notice(s); Applications
The Select Board appointed the following Board and Committee members to the terms indicated:
● Conservation Commission – Jim Ciriello (6/30/2/22), Melissa Recos (6/30/2022) (3-0)
● Cultural Council – Meena Kaushik (6/30/2021) (3-0)
● Marathon Committee – Adam Munroe (6/30/2021) (3-0), Tab Kadlik (6/30/2021) (3-0)
● Marathon Fund Committee – Colleen Charleston (6/30/2022), Carole Nathan (6/30/2022) (3-0)
● Trail Coordination and Management Committee – Kenneth Parker (6/30/2022), Jamie Wronka (6/30/2022) (3-0)
● Upper Charles Trail Committee – Brian Fitzgerald (Alternate Member) (6/30/2022) (3-0)
● Woodville Historic District Commission – Sean Davan (6/30/2022), Tina Berlad (6/30/2022) (3-0)
7:50 PM FY19 BUDGET TRANSFERS (ACTION)
8. The Select Board will consider approving FY19 Year-End Transfer Requests.
Supporting Exhibits: Transfer Requests
The Select Board approved FY19 year-end budget transfers. (3-0)
8:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
a. Marathon Solar Project: Town Manager will seek Board Authorization to execute a Power Purchase Agreement and Site Access Agreement or License for the Marathon School solar project on behalf of the Board of Selectmen.
b. Main Street Corridor Project Update
c. 13 Patriots Blvd. – Rental of Affordable Unit Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Report; 13 Patriots Blvd.
The Select Board approved a one-year rental of 13 Patriots Blvd. with conditions. (3-0)
8:10 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
10. Supporting Exhibits: 2019-2020 Liaison Assignment List; Select Board Invites for
July 9, 2019
The Select Board accepted the gift of a framed signed print from the 26.2 Foundation. (3-0)
FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
8:20 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
- Verizon FIOS TV – LFA Notification – Content Change to Alive & Well Channel
- I-495/I-90 Interchange Improvements Project, MassDOT Project No. 607977 Hopkinton, Southborough & Westborough,MA
- Xfinity – TiVo Customers: Accessing Xfinity on Demand App
- Verizon Fios TV – LFA Notification – RSN Rate Increase
Upcoming Board Meetings
- August 13, 2019
- September 10, 2019
- September 24, 2019
- October 8, 2019
The listed matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair to be discussed at the meeting. Not all items may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Unless an agenda item is a posted public hearing, the matter may be considered earlier than the indicated time if there are last minute cancellations or other unforeseen events which cause the Board to move more quickly through the agenda.
Click here for the entire meeting packet, which includes permits, applications, letters and other information.