Select Board Actions Taken 09/08/20
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:05 PM PUBLIC FORUM 1. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM STREET ACCEPTANCE – LEGACY FARMS NORTH – The Select Board will discuss accepting and laying out Legacy Farms North as a public way and consider a recommendation for the Sept. 12, 2020 annual town meeting.
6:20 PM FY 2021 BUDGET UPDATES; 2020 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING – The Select Board will discuss the Sept. 12, 2020 Annual Town Meeting and town meeting presentations.
● The Select Board voted to reconsider its recommendation on Article 3 of the Annual Town Meeting Warrant. (5-0)
● The Select Board voted to recommend no action on Article 3. (5-0)
6:40 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
a. Main Street Corridor Project Update.
b. Hiring Freeze Exception Request: Consider hiring (i) Highway Foreman; (ii) IT Specialist Supporting
The Select Board allowed the hiring of a Highway Assistant (Working) Foreman and an IT Specialist. (5-0)
6:50 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES – The Board will provide liaison reports.
6:55 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
7:00 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to the Select Board
1. Email from Kate Gasser – 8-31-20, Comment for Sept. 1 Select Board Meeting
2. Email from Laura Hanson – 8-31-20, Anonymous Complaints
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Legacy Farms Road North street acceptance hits another snag” on the Hopkinton Independent’s website.