Select Board Actions Taken 09/15/20
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER – EXECUTIVE SESSION
i. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (Purpose 3) to discuss strategy with respect to pending litigation William Scott Ober and Thom S. Robertson v. Town of Hopkinton Planning Board, Frankland Road Solar LLC, Muriel Kramer, Gary Trendel, David Paul, Mary Larson Marlowe, Jane Moran and Deb Fein Brug because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the litigating position of the Board .
ii. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (Purpose 6) t o consider strategy with respect to the purchase, lease, sale or value of real property in relation to Main Street parking – 25/35 Main Street, the Main Street Corridor Project and Upper Charles Trail because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the August 25, 2020 and September 1, 2020 meetings.
ii. GIFTS – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $690 to the Police Department from Chakradhar Konapala, Kanthisri Chimirala and the Legacy Farms North Community.
iii. TEMPORARY BANNER – The Select Board will consider a request from the Hopkinton Women’s Club to display a banner over Main Street the week of October 19, 2020. The banner will be 40’ x 4’ and complies with the zoning requirements.
● The Select Board approved items i and iii on the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
● The Select Board accepted a $690 gift to the Police Department from Chakradhar Konapala, Kanthisri Chimirala and the Legacy Farms North Community. (4-0)
6:45 PM EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION
The Select Board will acknowledge Gerard Berthelette, Assistant Foreman at the Dept. of Public Works, who has been with the Town for 16 years and has retired.
6:55 PM NEW POLICE OFFICER
The Select Board will consider appointing Cody M. Normandin as a Police Officer.
The Select Board appointed Cody M. Normandin as a Police Officer for the Town of Hopkinton. (5-0)
7:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
7:10 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
7:15 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
7:20 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notice – 146 Hayden Rowe
2. Planning Board Scenic Road Public Hearing Notice – 173-207 Fruit Street
3. Planning Board Public Hearing Notice – Construction of Paper Street, Chester Street
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Kudos for Town Meeting; yard sign theft an issue; HPD adds officer” on the Hopkinton Independent’s website.