Select Board Actions Taken 02/02/21
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
- i. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (Purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions, because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
- ii. Approve executive session Minutes.
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM COVID-19 UPDATE
4. The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
6:50 PM CONSENT AGENDA
- i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the January 19, 2021 meeting.
- ii. RESIGNATION – The Select Board will consider accepting the resignation of Smriti Choudhury from the Board of Appeals (Associate Member).
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:51 PM EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION
6. The Select Board will recognize Don MacAdam, Conservation Administrator, who has retired after 20 years of service to the Town.
6:55 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENT
7. The Select Board will consider appointing Barbara Kessler to the Tax Relief Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2023. There is one vacancy on the Committee.
The Select Board appointed Barbara Kessler to the Tax Relief Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2023. (5-0)
7:00 PM HOPKINTON EMERGENCY FUND
8. A representative of the Hopkinton Emergency Fund will be present to describe the organization and its mission.
7:05 PM CAPITAL AND BUDGET HEARINGS
9. The Select Board will conduct budget and capital hearings with the Police Department, Fire Department, Communications Department and Department of Public Works.
7:30 PM 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
10. The Select Board will review the language of its own Annual Town Meeting articles, as follows: 1) Trench Safety Officer Bylaw; 2) Street Opening Permits; 3) Obstructing Public Way/Streets and Sidewalks; 4) Dog Licensing Bylaw Amendment.
Draft Articles – New Trench Safety Officer Bylaw, Street Opening Permits, Obstructing Public Way/Streets and Sidewalks, Dog Licensing
7:40 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
i. Main Street Corridor Project
7:45 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
7:50 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
7:55 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notice – 1 Gina Drive
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Health director: With town details still unclear, seniors should seek outside vaccination site if possible“
- Read “Select Board roundup: Town expected to get boost from state aid; retiring MacAdam lauded“