Select Board Actions Taken 02/09/21
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
i. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (Purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions, because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
ii. Approve executive session Minutes.
6:05 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:06 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:15 PM ANNUAL TOWN MEETING PLAN
4. The Town Moderator and Select Board will review 2021 Annual Town Meeting plans.
6:20 PM CONSENT AGENDA
5. i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the January 26, 2021 meeting.
ii. MARATHON FUND REQUEST – The Select Board will consider approving a request of the Marathon Fund Committee for the funding of 10 scholarships for Hopkinton High School Seniors graduating in 2021, for a total of $10,000.
iii. RESIGNATIONS – The Select Board will consider accepting the resignations of John Palmer from the Tax Relief Committee, Megan Carvahlo from the Council on Aging, and Alton Chen from the Capital Improvement Committee.
● The Select Board approved Consent Agenda item i and accepted the resignations of Megan Carvahlo from the Council on Aging and Alton Chen from the Capital Improvement Committee. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved the request of the Marathon Fund Committee for the funding of 10 scholarships for graduating high school seniors who are residents of Hopkinton, for a total of $10,000. (5-0)
● The Select Board accepted the resignation of John Palmer from the Tax Relief Committee. (4-1)
6:25 PM STAFF APPOINTMENT – ASSISTANT TOWN ACCOUNTANT
6. The Select Board will consider affirming the Town Manager’s appointment of Stephanie Clifton to the position of Assistant Town Accountant.
The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Stephanie Clifton as Assistant Town Accountant. (5-0)
6:30 PM CAPITAL AND BUDGET HEARINGS
7. The Select Board will conduct budget and capital hearings with the following Departments: Board of Health, Senior Services, Youth & Family Services, Parks & Recreation, Town Clerk.
Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Comprehensive Budget Proposal ; FY 22 Sources & Uses Updated 2-2-2021
7:00 PM 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
8. The Select Board will discuss Annual Town Meeting updates. Supporting Exhibits : Initial List of 2021 ATM Warrant Articles
7:05 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
9. i. Main Street Corridor Project
ii. All-Hands Meeting
iii. Hiring Freeze Exception: Finance Clerk
The Select Board approved the hiring of an Administrative Assistant, Finance. (5-0)
7:10 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
7:15 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
11. Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:20 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
- 1. Main Street Corridor Project Bike Path Questions, Lucia Lopez; and Responses
- 2. Xfinity Form 500 for Year End 2020 – 1-29-2021
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Concerns raised about Town Meeting; budget discussions continue; Brault, Palmer recognized“