Select Board Actions Taken 10/05/21
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
5:30 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
5:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
2. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
5:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the September 21 and September 22, 2021 meetings.
b. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a $500 gift to the Police Department from the families of Legacy Farms North.
c. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a $500 gift to the Fire Department from the families of Legacy Farms North.
● The Select Board approved the Minutes of the September 21, 2021 and September 22, 2021 meetings. (3-0)
● The Select Board accepted a $500 gift to the Police Dept. and a $500 gift to the Fire Dept. from the families of Legacy Farms North. (4-0)
5:45 PM MARATHON COMMITTEE, BOSTON MARATHON UPDATE
4. The Select Board will hear about preparations for the 125th Boston Marathon from Dorothy Ferriter-Wallace, Chair, Marathon Committee.
The Select Board voted to present an award of Honorary Citizenship to Roberta Louise “Bobbi” Gibb, in recognition of outstanding leadership and achievement as the first woman to run the Boston Marathon. (4-0)
5:55 PM APPOINT DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF – JOHN PORTER
5. The Select Board will interview John Porter for the Deputy Police Chief’s position and consider appointing him Hopkinton’s next Deputy Police Chief per the Police Chief’s recommendation, following an internal process that included the Police Chief, Human Resources and Town Manager’s office.
The Select Board appointed John Porter as Deputy Police Chief. (4-0)
6:05 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
6. The Select Board will consider appointing John Morris to the Affordable Housing Trust Fund Board, to a term expiring 6/30/2024.
The Select Board appointed John Morris to the Affordable Housing Trust Fund Board, to a term expiring 6/30/2024. (4-0)
6:10 PM SHARED HOUSING SERVICES OFFICE
7. The Select Board will consider an opportunity to participate in a regional Shared Housing Services Office (SHSO) with area communities, as the lead community. The SHSO would provide services such as monitoring existing units, assistance with proposed affordable housing projects, developing and administering affordable housing programs, and providing resident support. Lead community responsibilities include issuing an RFP for consultant services and administering the contract. An Intermunicipal Agreement (IMA) between the participating municipalities would be required. At the present time, the Town of Hopkinton has 334 affordable units, 60 ownership and 274 rentals.
The Select Board voted to support the Shared Housing Services Office initiative. (3-0)
6:15 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
8. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project Update
6:20 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
9. Supporting Exhibit: FY 22 Liaison Assignments
6:25 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
10. Board members will identify future agenda items.
6:30 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Center School Reuse – Email from Rick & Beth Kelly
2. Invitation – Art on the Trail, October 7, 2021