Select Board Actions Taken 10/19/21
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
2. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the September 28 and October 5, 2021 meetings.
b. APPOINTMENT – The Select Board will consider appointing Janine Leblanc as the Conservation Commission’s representative on the Trail Coordination and Management Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2024.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:05 PM DEPUTY POLICE CHIEF OATH OF OFFICE CEREMONY
4. John Porter will be sworn in as Hopkinton’s Deputy Police Chief by Town Clerk Connor Degan.
6:15 PM COVID-19 UPDATE
5. The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
6:20 PM APPOINTMENTS – EMPLOYEES/OFFICIALS
6. The Select Board will consider:
a. Affirming the Town Manager’s appointment of Jessica Miller as the Young Adult Librarian at the Hopkinton Public Library; Karen Cooprider as a part-time Van Driver for Senior Services; and Carmen Cifuentes, Sarah Murphy and Shannon Casey as Traffic Constables.
b. Appointing Shannon Beloin as a Police Officer.
- The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Jessica Miller as the Young Adult Librarian at the Hopkinton Public Library. (5-0)
- The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Karen Cooprider as a part-time Van Driver for Senior Services. (5-0)
- The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Carmen Cifuentes, Sarah Murphy and Shannon Casey as Traffic Constables. (5-0)
- The Select Board appointed Shannon Beloin as a Police Officer for the Town of Hopkinton. (5-0)
6:25 PM NEW TOWN PRECINCT MAP FOR APPROVAL
7. The Select Board will review proposed changes to the Town’s Precinct boundaries based on the 2020 U.S. Census population count, hear an update from Connor Degan, Town Clerk, and consider a final map for review and approval. The number of precincts would increase from 4 to 5.
The Select Board accepted as presented by the Town Clerk the 2020 Re-Precincting Plan for the Town of Hopkinton. (5-0)
6:35 PM CHAPTER 61A NOTICE OF INTENT – CONVERSION OF USE – 5 & 0 MECHANIC ST. & 0 WOOD ST.
The Select Board will review a Chapter 61A Notice of Intent – Conversion of Use, 5 and 0 Mechanic St. and 0 Wood St., consider feedback from Town Departments and boards/committees, and discuss the Town’s options for action in this regard. The 11.62 acres would be converted from agricultural use to a solar farm; the Town has a right of first refusal to acquire the land because it is in the Chapter 61A tax program.
The Select Board voted 0 in favor and 4 opposed on a motion to hold a public hearing on the Chapter 61A Notice of Intent – Conversion of Use. (0-4)
6:45 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE ORIENTATION HANDBOOK
9. The Select Board will hear from the Assistant Town Manager about a new Board/Committee Orientation Handbook.
6:50 PM PLANNING BOARD APPOINTMENT
10. The Select Board and the remaining members of the Planning Board will interview candidates James Burton and Ron Priefer, and consider voting to fill one Planning Board vacancy, with a term to expire at the May, 2022 Annual Town Election.
The members of the Planning Board and the Select Board appointed Ron Priefer to the Planning Board, to a term expiring at the 2022 Annual Town Election. (13-0)
7:00 PM COMPLETE GOAL SETTING BY THE SELECT BOARD
11. The Select Board will review the goals and priorities discussed at a previous meeting and consider completing its goal setting process.
7:05 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
12. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project Update
b. FY 23 Budget Update
c. Municipal Water Supply PFAS Update Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Report
7:10 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
13. Supporting Exhibit: FY 22 Liaison Assignments
7:15 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
14. Board members will identify future agenda items. The Select Board will consider prioritizing Future Agenda Items suggested by Board members.
7:20 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Notices of Decision: 41 Parker Point Rd., 4 Maple Ave.
2. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notice: 200 Wood St.
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Beloin new police officer; Priefer selected for Planning Board; precinct map approved“
- Read “Health director: Schools should keep masks for now; ‘Halloween is not canceled’ despite uptick in cases“
- Read “DPW director: New testing indicates higher PFAs levels in water; public information meeting next Tuesday“