Select Board Actions Taken 02/08/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, 21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
b. To approve executive session Minutes (1/25/22).
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the January 25, 2022 meeting.
b. APPOINTMENT- The Select Board will consider appointing Phil Powers as a Traffic Constable, to a term expiring 6/30/2024.
● The Select Board approved the Minutes of the January 25, 2022 meeting. (5-0)
● The Select Board appointed Phil Powers as a Traffic Constable, to a term expiring 6/30/2024. (5-0)
6:45 PM 2022 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
5. The Select Board will discuss the language of its own annual town meeting articles.
6:50 PM FY 2023 CONSOLIDATED BUDGET SUBMISSION
6. The Town Manager will submit the consolidated FY 23 budget to the Select Board, and the Board will discuss the budget provisions and the process going forward. The School Committee and Appropriation Committee are invited to the meeting.
7:35 PM COVID-19 UPDATE
7. The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
7:40 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
8. Lykan Bioscience Holdings LLC Tax Increment Finance Agreement: The Select Board will consider a draft Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Agreement between the Town of Hopkinton, Lykan Bioscience Holdings LLC, Inc. and Southfield Properties. Lykan and Southfield Properties propose to construct an estimated 112,141 SF manufacturing facility with a 54,000 SF parking area at 103, 105 & 107, 109 South Street, and to create 125 new net
permanent full-time jobs at the Property over a five (5) year period.
7:45 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
9. Supporting Exhibit: FY 22 Liaison Assignments
7:50 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
10. Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:55 PM ADJOURN
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. February 15, 2022
2. February 22, 2022
3. March 1, 2022
4. March 15, 2022
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Town’s $105M budget, still in need of $500,000 trim, ‘presents a fiscally sound path forward’“
- Read “Select Board roundup: Lykan TIF presented; COVID optimism expressed“