Select Board Actions Taken 03/01/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
2. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the February 8, 2022 and February 15, 2022 meeting.
b. RESIGNATION – The Select Board will consider accepting the resignation of Ekaterina Naumova from the Cultural Council.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:11 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
4. The Select Board will consider the following Board/Committee appointment:
● Youth Commission, one voting member vacancy, term expires 6/30/2022. There are also 2 non-voting student representative vacancies (1 Middle School, 1 High School).
Applicants: Evanya Mathur and Priya Vasudevan
The Select Board appointed Evanya Mathur as the High School student representative to the Youth
Commission, and Priya Vasudevan as a full member of the Youth Commission, to a term expiring
6:15 PM PEDESTRIAN CONNECTIVITY SURVEY RESULTS
5. The Select Board will hear a presentation from Gary Trendel, Chair, Planning Board, on the results of a pedestrian connectivity survey.
6:25 PM APPOINTMENT – POLICE OFFICER
6. The Select Board will consider appointing Police Officer Candidate Matthew Latour to the Hopkinton Police Department.
The Select Board appointed Matthew Latour as a Police Officer for the Town of Hopkinton. (5-0)
6:30 PM PUBLIC LISTENING SESSION – FY 23 COMPREHENSIVE BUDGET
7. The Select Board will hold a public listening session on the proposed FY 23 Comprehensive Budget.
8:00 PM 2022 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING ARTICLES
8. The Select Board will discuss its own annual town meeting articles.
8:10 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
9. The Select Board may consider the Town Manager’s Report.
8:15 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
10. Board members will provide liaison reports and review any invites.
8:20 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
11. Board members will identify future agenda items.
8:25 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
- 1. Eversource Vegetation Management – Application of Herbicides in 2022
- 2. Xfinity Form 500
- 3. Xfinity Annual Notice
- 4. 2022-02-10 Email – Cumberland Farms Driveway Safety
- 5. 2022-02-24 Email from Darlene Hayes – Accident at Cumberland Farms