Select Board Actions Taken 02/15/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
2. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the February 1, 2022 meeting.
b. ACCEPT MARATHON FUND COMMITTEE GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting gifts of $50 from Joanne M. Jones, $25 from Carolyn Dixon, $50 from Mary
E. Harris, $50 from Wendy & Rick Smith, $50 from David & Leigh Gagin, $150 from Robert Mei, Kirk Buschenfeldt & Robert Anniballi, $25 from Heather Cucuzzella, $25 from Mary S. Burke, $200 from Katherine Walner, $100 from Gerry Cronin Family and $100 from Russell & Mary Ellsworth, to the Marathon Fund Committee in the memory of Frederick L. Murphy.
c. ACCEPT GIFT DONATIONS TO THE LIBRARY- The Select Board will consider accepting the following gifts to the Hopkinton Public Library in the memory of J Murray: $50 from Susan Moran, $50 from Liz & Will Richmond, $25 from Nancy Baker-Fowler, $25 from Mary Alice Decesare, $25 from Carol LeSuer, $25 from Sara Hunter, $100 from Frank & Barbara Kofron, $36 from Robert & Carol Weinberg, $50 from Ann & Michael Purr, $50 from Maryellen Remmert-Loud, $50 from Rita & David Chad, $100 from Norine & Edward Martin, $25 from Sr. Pat Toce, $100 from Judith & William Kendall, $20 from Susan Richard, $50 from Denise Greenwood, $202 from Michael B. Baumann, $30 From Kathleen Northrup and $100 from the Kofron Family.
d. MARATHON FUND REQUESTS – The Select Board will consider approving the following fund requests from the Marathon Fund Committee:
i) Post Prom Committee for the Senior Class at Hopkinton High School – $850 for paying for the hypnotist who will be entertaining at the senior’s post prom gathering at the Urban Air in Bellingham on May 13, 2022.
ii) Post Prom Committee for the Senior Class at Hopkinton High School – $2,200 for the bus to return attendees from Urban Air back to the High School. The bus company is Michael J Connolly & Sons Inc. of Walpole, MA. The total for both the requests from the Committee would be $3,050.
iii) Post Prom Committee for Junior Class at Hopkinton High School – $850 for paying for the hypnotist who will be entertaining at the junior’s post prom gathering at the Apex in Marlborough on April 29, 2022.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda, with the exception of item 3.d.ii ($2,200 for
transportation), the request for which was withdrawn by the Chair of the Marathon Fund Committee.
6:15 PM PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION – HOPKINTON LITTLE LEAGUE – OPENING DAY PARADE,
4. APRIL 24, 2022
The Select Board will consider approving a Parade Permit for the Hopkinton Little League, for the opening day parade to be held on Sunday, April 24, 2022 starting at 11:30 AM at the Town Common and ending at 85 Main St. The following roads are requested to be closed: Main St./Town Common to 85 Main St.
The Select Board approved a Parade Permit for the Hopkinton Little League Opening Day Parade on
April 24, 2022, subject to Mass. Dept. of Public Health Covid-19 guidance, and coordination with the
Town with respect to Main Street Corridor Project construction. (4-0)
6:20 PM PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION – JIMMY FUND WALK, OCTOBER 2, 2022
5. The Select Board will consider approving a Parade Permit for the Jimmy Fund Walk to be held on Sunday, October 2, 2022 starting at the Marathon Start Line – Rt. 135 and ending at the Ashland Town Line. There are no road closures requested.
The Select Board approved a Parade Permit for the Jimmy Fund Walk on October 2, 2022, subject to
Mass. Dept. of Public Health Covid-19 guidance. (4-0)
6:30 PM COVID-19 UPDATE
6. The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
6:40 PM CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING – PETITION FOR UNDERGROUND CONDUIT, WILSON
7. STREET – EVERSOURCE ENERGY
The Select Board will hold a public hearing on the petition of Eversource Energy for underground conduit in Wilson St. to provide service to a new solar array at 17 Wilson Street.
The Select Board approved the petition to construct a conduit under Wilson Street to provide electric
service to the solar farm at 17 Wilson Street, provided that all conditions of Planning Board approval
shall be satisfied prior to the commencement of the work, and all permits necessary for the work have
been obtained. (3-1)
6:50 PM LYKAN BIOSCIENCE HOLDINGS TAX INCREMENT FINANCE AGREEMENT (TIF)
8. Lykan Bioscience Holdings LLC Tax Increment Finance Agreement: The Select Board will consider a draft Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Agreement between the Town of Hopkinton, Lykan Bioscience Holdings LLC, Inc. and Southfield Properties. Lykan and Southfield Properties propose to construct an estimated 112,141 SF manufacturing facility with a 54,000 SF parking area at 103, 105 & 107, 109 South Street, and to create 125 new net permanent full-time jobs at the Property over a five (5) year period.
The Select Board voted to recommend to Town Meeting a Tax Increment Financing Agreement, for real
estate and personal property tax exemptions, in accordance with the provisions of Massachusetts
General Laws, Chapter 59, Section 40, between the Town of Hopkinton and Lykan Bioscience Holdings,
LLC, and Southfield Properties III, LLC, and to approve the submission of the EDIP Local Incentive Only
Application to the Massachusetts Economic Assistance Coordinating Council in accordance with the
provisions of Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 23A, Sections 3(A) and 3(C). (4-0)
7:10 PM 2022 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING AND FY23 BUDGET PRESENTATION/DISCUSSION
9. The Select Board will discuss its own potential annual town meeting articles. The Select Board will conduct budget and capital briefings.
8:10 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
10. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Center School Reuse Review By Permanent Building Committee
8:20 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
11. Supporting Exhibit: FY 22 Liaison Assignments
8:30 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
12. Board members will identify future agenda items.
8:35 PM ADJOURN
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. March 1, 2022
2. March 15, 2022
4. April 5, 2022
5. April 19, 2022
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Town’s COVID numbers still high; Lykan TIF moves forward; Center School update provided“