Select Board Actions Taken 12/06/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Approve Executive Session Minutes (11/15/22, 11/21/22, 11/28/22)
6:05 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:06 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:15 PM TAX CLASSIFICATION HEARING
4. The Select Board will hold a public hearing to determine the percentage of local tax levy to be borne by each class of real and personal property, in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 40 Section 56.
6:16 PM REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS CENTER STUDY INFORMATIONAL SESSION
5. The Select Board and Town Manager will review an update on the Regional Communications Center Study Informational Session and schedule a public information session.
Supporting Exhibits: Regional Emergency Communications Center Staff Report, Final Report and Addendum
6:30 PM CONSENT AGENDA
6. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the 11/2/22, 11/15/22, 11/21/22 & 11/28/22 meetings.
b. ACCEPT EASEMENT – The Select Board will consider voting to accept an easement at 2 Oakhurst Road pursuant to the affirmative vote under Article 41 of the 2022 Annual Town Meeting. The deed will be recorded following the Select Board vote.
c. ABCC SEASONAL POPULATION ESTIMATE – The Select Board will review and consider approving a seasonal population estimate of 19,451 for 2023; estimate is an annual requirement of the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC).
d. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift to the Fire Department, which received a donation for $200.00 from Fidelity Charitable Donor Advised Fund at the recommendation of The Irvine Foundation.
e. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $864.58 in memory of Joan Doyle from The Friends of Hopkinton Public Library on behalf of various donors.
Supporting Exhibits: Seasonal Population Estimate Memo; Seasonal Population Estimate Form; 2 Oakhurst Road Easement
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:35 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
7. The Select Board will consider making appointments to the following boards and committees:
● Youth Commission (2 vacancies) – Applicants: Robert Klocek, Josh B. Jones
● Personnel Committee (1 vacancy) – Applicants: Sohrab Faramarzi, Christine Lambert
Supporting Exhibits: Applications Submitted
● The Select Board appointed Josh B. Jones to the Youth Commission, to a term expiring 6/30/2024. (5-0)
● The Select Board appointed Robert Klocek to the Youth Commission, to a term expiring 6/30/2023. (5-0)
● The Select Board appointed Christine Lambert to the Personnel Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2023. (5-0)
6:40 PM ANNUAL LICENSE RENEWALS
8. The Select Board will consider renewing annual licenses for the following businesses:
● Section 12 All Alcohol – 110 Grill, Carbone’s Restaurant, Cornell’s Irish Pub, Dynasty, Hopkinton Country Club, Ko, Pan Thai, Zios Quattro, Bill’s Pizzeria, Central Public House and Hopkinton Tennis & Swim Club.
● Section 12 Club All Alcohol, Wine and Malt – Woodville Rod & Gun Club, The Spoon
● Section 19C Farmer Brewery Pouring Permit- Startline Brewing Company
● Section 15 Package Store All Alcohol – Hopkinton Wine & Spirits, Marty’s Fine Wines, The Vin Bin and Country Farm Liquor
● Section 15 Package Store Wine & Malt Only – Global Montello Group (Alltown Fresh)
● Common Victualler License Renewal – The Spoonery, Hop-Yo, Hopkinton Donuts LLC, The Muffin House, Aramark at Dell-42 South St, 171 South St, 176 South St and 228 South St, Blue Square Pizza, South Street Donuts, Starbucks at Price Chopper, Red Barn Coffee at Angel’s Cafe, Starbucks Coffee at 85 W Main St. and Hiller’s Pizza.
● Class I & Class II License Renewals – Bulldog Fire Apparatus Inc., Whitehall Auto Sales, Inc, WSAB Enterprise and Main Street Service Center.
● Livery & Limousine License- Able Limousine, Inc
● Municipal Street License Renewal – Metrowest Transit Authority
Supporting ExhibitsYearly License Renewals for Calendar Year 2023 – Dec. 06, 2022;
Applications and supporting documents
Country Club, Ko Restaurant, Pan Thai, Bill’s Pizzeria and Central Public House; subject to contingencies, if any, pertaining to outstanding inspections and/or taxes owed. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed a Section 12 All Alcoholic Beverages on-premises license and a Common Victualler license for Zios Quattro/Bison Burger; subject to contingencies pertaining to outstanding inspections and taxes owed. (4-1)
The Select Board renewed a Section 12 All Alcoholic Beverages on-premises license, Common Victualler License and Entertainment License for the Woodville Rod and Gun Club; subject to contingencies pertaining to an outstanding inspection. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed a Section 12 Wine & Malt Beverages on-premises license, Common Victualler License and an Entertainment License for The Spoon. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed a Section 19C Farmer Brewery Pouring Permit License, a Common Victualler License and an Entertainment License for Start Line Brewing; subject to contingencies pertaining to outstanding inspections. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed Section 15 Package Store All Alcoholic Beverages licenses, and associated Common Victualler and Entertainment Licenses, if any, for Hopkinton Wine & Spirits, Marty’s Fine Wines, The Vin Bin and Country Farm. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed a Section 15 Package Store Wine & Malt Beverages License for Alltown Fresh. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed Common Victualler Licenses and associated Entertainment Licenses, if any, for The Spoonery, Hop-Yo, Dunkin Donuts (78 W. Main St.), Dunkin Donuts (76 South St.), Muffin House Cafe, Aramark at Dell (4 locations), Blue Square Pizza, Price Chopper Starbucks, Angel’s Hilltop Cafe, Starbucks Coffee, and Hiller’s Pizza; subject to contingencies, if any, pertaining to outstanding inspections and/or taxes owed. (4-0-1)
The Select Board renewed a Class I License for Bulldog Fire Apparatus; subject to contingencies pertaining to outstanding inspections. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed Class II Licenses for Whitehall Auto Sales, WSAB Enterprise, and Main Street Service Center. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed a Livery License for Able Limousine; subject to contingencies pertaining to outstanding inspections. (5-0)
The Select Board renewed a Municipal Street License for the MetroWest Transit Authority. (5-0)
7:00 PM NEW EMPLOYEE INTRODUCTION
9. The Fire Chief will introduce new Firefighters Tyla Doolin and Matt Berge to the community.
Supporting Exhibits: Resumes
7:05 PM RECOGNITION
10. The Select Board will recognize Francis “Fran” Clark for his service to the Town as a Firefighter over the past 39 years. Fran retired on November 23, 2022.
7:15 PM NEW POLICE OFFICER
11. The Select Board will interview and consider appointing Augusto Diaz Jr. as a Police Officer in the Town of Hopkinton.
Supporting Exhibits: Resume
The Select Board appointed Augusto Diaz Jr. as a Police Officer for the Town of Hopkinton. (5-0)
7:25 PM POLICE CHIEF UPDATE
12. The Select Board will receive an update from the Police Chief about the Hopkinton Police Department’s work program, strategic goals and organizational structure.
8:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
13. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project
b. Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) treatment project
c. Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) Southborough Interconnection project
d. FY 24 Participatory Budgeting
Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Report
8:15 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
14. Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
8:20 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
15. Board members will identify future agenda items.
Supporting Exhibit: Board Member Future Agenda Items
8:25 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Notices of Decision – 6 Christian Way, 7 Whalen Rd.
2. Comcast price change letter
3. Public Hearing Notice – 7 Donna Pass
4. Become a Dementia Friend – Dec. 7, 2022
Upcoming Select Board Meetings:
1. December 8, 2022 (Joint Meeting with School Committee, Appropriation Committee & School
2. December 20, 2022
3. January 10, 2023
4. January 24, 2023
Materials for this Meeting:
- Agenda and Meeting Packet
- YouTube Video – 3 hours 11 minutes (full meeting)
- YouTube Video – 8 minutes (actions taken summary)
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Regional call center proposal spurs discussion; police chief seeks changes to rank structure; new police/fire hires introduced“