a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Communications Unions because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board;
b. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 6) to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate relative to parcels R22 9 0, R34 26 B, U26 7 0, R23 73 A, R23 100 0 because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board;
c. To approve executive session Minutes (11/1/2022).
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. APPROVE MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the October 25, 2022 and November 1, 2022 meetings.
b. ACCEPT RESIGNATIONS – The Select Board will consider accepting the following resignations:
● Kevin McCaffrey from the Historical Commission (Associate Member)
● Kelly Karp from the Youth Commission
● Nasiba Mannan from the Hopkinton Cultural Council
Supporting Exhibits: Resignation emails
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:45 PM TAX CLASSIFICATION HEARING
5. The Select Board will hold a public hearing to determine the percentage of local tax levy to be borne by each class of real and personal property, in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 40 Section 56.
Supporting Exhibits: Memo to Select Board from Board of Assessors with supporting documents
The Select Board voted not to implement a residential factor for 2023. (5-0)
The Select Board voted not to implement an Open Space Discount for 2023. (5-0)
The Select Board voted not to implement a Residential Exemption for 2023. (5-0)
The Select Board voted not to implement a Small Commercial Exemption for 2023. (5-0)
The Select Board voted to implement a Single Tax Rate for 2023. (5-0)
The Select Board approved the form LA5 as presented. (5-0)
7:00 PM POSTED PUBLIC HEARING – UTILITY POLE HEARING, NSTAR ELECTRIC COMPANY dba
6. EVERSOURCE ENERGY, CLINTON STREET
The Select Board will hold a public hearing on a petition for utility pole/poles location on Clinton Street as follows:
● Northeasterly side approximately 1641± southeast of Partridge Road – Install six (6) poles 36/88, 36/89, 36/90, 36/91, 39/92, 36/92A.
● Southwesterly side approximately 1637± northwest of Country Road – Install one (1) pole 39/92B
Supporting Exhibits: Application; Public Hearing Notice; Permitting Team Comments; Regulations for Pole and Wire Location Petitions
The Select Board continued the public hearing to December 20, 2022. (5-0)
7:05 PM PUBLIC LISTENING SESSION – FY 24 COMPREHENSIVE BUDGET
7. The Select Board will hold a public listening session on the proposed FY 24 Comprehensive Budget.
Supporting Exhibits: FY2024 Budget Review Slides
7:30 PM CHANGE OF MANAGER, HOPKINTON WINE & SPIRITS, 77 WEST MAIN ST.
8. The Select Board will consider approving a Change of Manager for the Section 15 alcohol license for Hopkinton Wine & Spirits, to Mohil Sopariwala.