Select Board Actions Taken 05/09/23
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 2) to consider strategy with respect to negotiations with non-union personnel (Town Manager)
b. Approval of Executive Session Minutes (4/4/23, 4/11/23, 4/25/23)
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the 4/11/23, 4/25/23, and 5/1/23 meetings.
b. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $3,600 from the Hopkinton Library Foundation to the Hopkinton Public Library to be used towards a monthly music and movement children’s series.
c. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a backpack child carrier to the ‘Library of Things’ at the Hopkinton Public Library from the Hopkinton Trails Club.
d. RESIGNATION – The Select Board will consider accepting the resignation of Priya Vasudevan from the Sustainable Green Committee.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:45 PM TOWN EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENTS
5. The Select Board will consider confirming the Town Manager’s appointment of:
a. Seth Ledoux as Senior Library Assistant; and
b. Erin Grogan as Parks and Recreation Program Coordinator
Supporting Exhibits: Applications & Resumes
The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Seth Ledoux as Senior Library
The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Erin Grogan as Program Coordinator,
Parks & Recreation Department. (5-0)
7:00 PM EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS DRILL AT HOPCO, 52 WILSON STREET
6. The Select Board will receive an update from Chief Miller, Chief Bennett and Town Manager regarding the May 4, 2023 Emergency Preparedness Drill at the Hopkinton liquified natural gas (LNG) plant, 52 Wilson St.
7:05 PM VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION
7. The Select Board will continue considering options and opportunities for recognizing town volunteers.
Supporting Exhibits: Memo
7:15 PM FIRE CHIEF RESIGNATION AND TRANSITION PLAN
8. Fire Chief Miller will resign effective June 11, 2023 after serving for 23 years. The Select Board will consider a transition plan and the process for finding Hopkinton’s next Fire Chief.
7:30 PM UPPER CHARLES TRAIL COMMITTEE – TOWN MEETING FOLLOW UP
9. The Select Board will consider acknowledging the 2023 Annual Town Meeting advisory vote to dissolve the UCTC and express that it will work with stakeholders to move forward with a solution that the majority of the town will support.
7:40 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
10. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Town Meeting Retrospective
b. Main Street Corridor Project
c. Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) treatment project
d. Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) Southborough Interconnection project
Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Report
7:50 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
11. Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
7:55 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
12. Board members will identify future agenda items.
Supporting Exhibit: Board Member Future Agenda Items
8:00 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Notices of Decision – 15 East St., 32 Ash St.
2. Correspondence regarding LNG Gas Tank-54 Wilson Street
3. Hopkinton PRIDE Parade – June 11, 2023
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. May 23, 2023
2. June 6, 2023
3. June 20, 2023
4. July 11, 2023
Materials for this Meeting:
- Agenda and Meeting Packet 05/09/23
- YouTube Video – 3 hours (full meeting)
- YouTube Video – 8 minutes (actions taken summary)
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board discusses future of Upper Charles Trail Committee“
- Read “Select Board roundup: Fire chief to depart June 11; LNG drill ‘excellent,’ but residents express concerns“