Select Board Actions Taken 08/23/23
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM SELECT BOARD WORK SESSION
2. The Select Board will hold a work session to continue its discussion on FY24 goals and Priorities.
Supporting Exhibit: Select Board Goals
6:30 PM ELMWOOD SCHOOL REPLACEMENT
3. The Select Board will consider endorsing the Elementary School Building Committee 2’s recommendation for the Scope, Schedule and Total Project Budget for the proposed Elmwood Elementary School Project.
Supporting Exhibits:Memo; Presentation
The Select Board voted to endorse the recommendation of the Elementary School Building Committee
2 for the Scope, Schedule and Budget of the new Elmwood Elementary School for a not to exceed
budget of $158,427,494.00. (4-0-1)
6:50 PM ADOPT ORDER OF TAKING FOR FOXHOLLOW ROAD
4. The Select Board will consider adopting an Order of Taking for Foxhollow Road, which was accepted as a public way at the May 1, 2023 Annual Town Meeting.
Supporting Exhibits: Order of Taking; Foxhollow Abutter Releases; Foxhollow Escrow Letter
The Select Board voted, pursuant to Article 35 of the May 1, 2023 Annual Town Meeting, to execute an
Order of Taking of the private way known as “Foxhollow Road”; together with easements for drainage,
utility, and other purposes. (3-0)
7:00 PM CONSENT AGENDA
5. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. BANNER OVER MAIN STREET: The Select Board will consider approving a request of the Friends of Hopkinton, Inc. to hang a banner over Main St. from Sept. 11th through Sept. 23rd, 2023 in advance of the 2023 Family Day on Sept. 23, 2023. The banner will be 25 ft. x 3 ft. (75 sq. ft.) in size. Zoning Bylaw Sec. 210-179.C requires Select Board approval for the banner (max. 75 sq. ft., max. 14 days).
b. INTERMUNICIPAL AGREEMENT FOR CO-RESPONSE CLINICIAN SERVICES: The Select Board will consider signing an Intermunicipal Agreement (IMA) for grant funded Co-Response Clinicians to deliver services alongside police personnel in Holliston, Sherborn, and Hopkinton. Clinician services will include co-response with police to dispatched calls, ride-along on patrols, follow-up visits after a law enforcement encounter, assessment of persons & consultation to police, provision of information and referral, coordination of Jail/Arrest Diversion Program and ongoing Police officer training on behavioral health and social services topics. Town Manager and Police Chief recommend approval.
c. ACCEPT GIFT: The Select Board will consider accepting a gift from the Hopkinton Cricket Group, of artificial turf (carpet) worth $4262.35 USD, towards repairs to the Fruit Street cricket pitch.
Supporting Exhibits: Family Day Banner request Letter; Intermunicipal Agreement for co-response clinician services.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (3-0)
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. September 5, 2023
2. September 19, 2023
3. October 3, 2023
4. October 17, 2023
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board votes to endorse $158 million budget proposed for new school building” by Mary Ellen Gambon in the Hopkinton Independent.