Board of Selectmen Actions Taken 1/29/19
Eversource Energy • TJA Clean Energy • Open Space Preservation • Recognizing Librarian Denise Kofron • Library/Ambulance Fund Gifts • Faith Community Church Global 6K • Board/Committee Appointments • Youth Commission • Aramark • Center School • Lykan Biosciences
The meeting video is available on the HCAM YouTube Channel and the Actions Taken are posted in
TOWN OF HOPKINTON
BOARD OF SELECTMEN MEETING AGENDA
Hopkinton Town Hall, 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA – Room 215/216
(Executive session will be held in Room 211)
Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:00 PM
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
i. MINUTES: The Board will consider approving executive session minutes for 12/4/19, 12/18/19 and 1/15/19.
ii. CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS, LITIGATION AND REAL PROPERTY
- To consider litigation strategy with respect to Petition of Eversource Energy for Zoning Exemptions (DPU).
- To consider litigation strategy with respect to TJA Clean Energy LLC v Hopkinton Planning Board.
- To consider the purchase, sale, lease or value of real property in relation to Open Space Preservation, Center Trail, Town hall, the Main Street corridor project.
6:30 PM PUBLIC SESSION – CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:35 PM PUBLIC FORUM
Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding town government.
The Board of Selectmen will recognize Denise Kofron, who is retiring at the end of January after 12 years of service at the Hopkinton Public Library.
6:45 PM CONSENT AGENDA (ACTION)
i. BOARD MINUTES
The Board of Selectmen will consider approving the 1/15/19 Board of Selectmen Minutes.
ii. LIBRARY/AMBULANCE FUND GIFTS
The Board of Selectmen will consider accepting the following gifts:
a. A gift of $100 from Rae-Michelle Holmgren as a gift to the Hopkinton
Library-general gift fund;
b. Ambulance Fund Gifts, totaling $150, in memory of Marge Wright;
c. Ambulance Fund Gifts totaling $165, in memory of Roy Robson. Supporting Exhibits: Gifts
iii. FAITH COMMUNITY CHURCH GLOBAL 6K FOR WATER – PARADE PERMIT
The Board of Selectmen will consider approving a Parade Permit for Joshua Morrison on behalf of Faith Community Church, for its annual Global 6K for Water, to be held on May 4, 2019 at 9 a.m. beginning and ending at Faith Community Church, East Main St. Expected number of participants is 750. Supporting Exhibits: Application and supporting documents; Permitting Team Comments
- The Board of Selectmen approved the Minutes of the 1/15/19 meeting. (5-0)
- The Board of Selectmen accepted gifts to the Hopkinton Library general gift fund ($100), to the Ambulance Fund in memory of Marge Wright ($150), and to the Ambulance Fund in memory of Roy Robson ($165). (5-0)
- The Board of Selectmen approved a Parade Permit for the Global 6K for Water event on 5/4/19. (5-0)
7:00 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS (ACTION)
i. The Board of Selectmen will consider appointing Amy Groves and Ilana Cassady
to the Cultural Council. There are currently 4 vacancies with terms expiring June 30, 2020.
ii. The Board of Selectmen will consider appointing Becky Canty to the Veterans
Celebration Committee. There are currently 2 vacancies with terms expiring June 30, 2018 and June 30, 2021. Supporting Exhibits: Applications
- The Board of Selectmen appointed Amy Groves to the Cultural Council, to a term expiring 6/30/2020. (5-0)
- The Board of Selectmen appointed Ilana Cassady to the Cultural Council, to a term expiring 6/30/2020. (5-0)
- The Board of Selectmen appointed Becky Canty to the Veterans Celebration Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2021. (5-0)
7:00 PM YOUTH COMMISSION CHARGE (ACTION)
4. The Board of Selectmen will consider updating the Youth Commission Charge, including membership.
Supporting Exhibits: Youth Commission Charge
The Board of Selectmen amended the Youth Commission Charge. (5-0)
7:15 PM COMMON VICTUALER LICENSE – ARAMARK @ DELL (ACTION)
5. The Board of Selectmen will consider approving new Common Victualer License applications from Samantha Smiley, on behalf of Aramark @ Dell for four locations: 42 South Street, 171 South Street, 176 South Street and 228 South Street.
Supporting Exhibits: Application and supporting documents; Permitting Team Comments
The Board of Selectmen approved Common Victualer Licenses for Aramark @ Dell at 42 South St., 171 South St., 176 South St. and 228 South St. (5-0)
7:20 PM DISSOLUTION OF CENTER SCHOOL REUSE ADVISORY TEAM
6. The Board of Selectmen will formally thank the Center School Reuse Advisory Team
(CSRAT) for its exceptional two years of community service investigating the future use of Center School, and the Board will consider dissolving the CSRAT, having successfully completed its Charge.
The Board of Selectmen dissolved the Center School ReUse Advisory Team. (5-0)
7:30 PM FY20 COMPREHENSIVE BUDGET AND CAPITAL BUDGET
7. The Town Manager will submit the FY20 comprehensive Budget to the Board of
Selectmen. The School Committee, Appropriations Committee and the Capital Improvement Committee are invited for the discussion.
8:00 PM FY20 COMPREHENSIVE BUDGET AND CAPITAL BUDGET HEARINGS
8. The Board of Selectmen will schedule or conduct FY 20 operating and capital budget
8:30 PM LYKAN BIOSCIENCES LLC – TAX INCREMENT FINANCE (TIF) AGREEMENT
9. The Board of Selectmen will consider approving the proposed Lykan Biosciences, LLC
proposed TIF Agreement.
Supporting Exhibits: Draft TIF Agreement; Lykan Biosciences, LLC TIF Summary
The Board of Selectmen voted to recommend that Town Meeting approve a proposed 10-year Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Agreement which includes real estate tax and personal property tax exemptions, pursuant to M.G.L. c.40, Section 59, M.G.L. c.59, and M.G.L. c.23A, Sections 3E and 3F, and the applicable regulations thereunder, between Lykan Bioscience, LLC, Southfield Properties I LLC, and the Town of Hopkinton for the property located at 97 South Street. (5-0)
8:45 PM 2019 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
10. The Board of Selectmen will review its own ATM articles.
The Board of Selectmen voted to insert placeholders for several articles, including regular recurring articles, into the Annual Town Meeting warrant. (5-0)
9:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
9:30 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
12. Supporting Exhibits: 2018-2019 Liaison Assignment List; List of Board Invites; Board Invites for January 29, 2019.
9:35 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
9:45 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to the Board of Selectmen
1. Verizon FIOS TV – LFA Notification – Rate Increases
2. Woodview at Legacy Farms, 5 Woodview Way, Hopkinton, MA
3. #2-Woodview at Legacy Farms, 5 Woodview Way, Hopkinton, MA
4. Xfinity International Package Update
5. Address Assignments – Legacy Farms North – The Trails
Upcoming Board Meetings
1. February 5, 2019
2. February 11, 2019 (STM)
3. February 12, 2019
4. February 26, 2019
The listed matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair to be discussed at the meeting. Not all items may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Unless an agenda item is a posted public hearing, the matter may be considered earlier than the indicated time if there are last minute cancellations or other unforeseen events which cause the Board to move more quickly through the agenda.
Click here for the entire meeting packet, which includes permits, applications, letters and other information.