Board of Selectmen Actions Taken 2/5/19
Eversource Energy • TJA Clean Energy • Open Space Preservation • Ambulance Fund Gifts • Project Just Because Temporary Alcohol License • Marty’s Annual Entertainment License • Special Town Meeting
The meeting video is available on the HCAM YouTube Channel and the Actions Taken are posted in
TOWN OF HOPKINTON
BOARD OF SELECTMEN MEETING AGENDA
Hopkinton Town Hall, 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA – Room 215/216
(Executive session will be held in Room 211)
Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:00 PM
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
i. MINUTES: The Board will consider approving executive session minutes for 1/29/18.
ii. CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS, LITIGATION AND REAL PROPERTY
- To consider litigation strategy with respect to Petition of Eversource Energy for Zoning Exemptions (DPU).
- To consider litigation strategy with respect to TJA Clean Energy LLC v Hopkinton Planning Board.
- To consider the purchase, sale, lease or value of real property in relation to Open Space Preservation, Center Trail, Town hall, the Main Street corridor project.
- Union Contract Updates
6:30 PM PUBLIC SESSION – CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:35 PM PUBLIC FORUM
Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding town government.
The Board of Selectmen will welcome the Town’s newest staff member, “Titan” to the Hopkinton Police Department.
6:45 PM CONSENT AGENDA (ACTION)
i. BOARD MINUTES
The Board of Selectmen will consider approving the 1/8/19 and 1/25/19 Board of Selectmen Minutes.
ii. AMBULANCE FUND GIFTS
The Board of Selectmen will consider approving a $200.00 Ambulance fund gift in memory of Rick MacMillan from John and Kim Rzasa of Dresden, ME. Supporting Exhibits: Ambulance Fund gifts
iii. SPECIAL TEMPORARY ALCOHOL LICENSE – PROJECT JUST BECAUSE – SHAMROCK SHINDIG FUNDRAISER
The Board of Selectmen will consider approving a Special Temporary Alcohol License application from Project Just Because, for a Shamrock Shindig Fundraiser, to be held on Friday, March 8, 2019 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Hopkinton Center for the Arts, 98 Hayden Rowe. Alcohol is being donated for the event. Expected number of attendees is 100. Permission has been granted by the HCA to hold the event and a fee waiver has been requested. Supporting Exhibits: Application and supporting documents; Permitting Team Comments
- The Board of Selectmen approved the Minutes of the 1/8/19 and 1/25/19 meetings. (5-0)
- The Board of Selectmen accepted a $200 gift to the Ambulance Fund in memory of Rick MacMillan. (5-0)
- The Board of Selectmen approved a Special Temporary Alcohol License for the Shamrock Shindig event on 3/8/19 at the Hopkinton Center for the Arts. (5-0)
7:30 PM POSTED PUBLIC HEARING – ANNUAL ENTERTAINMENT LICENSE – MARTY’S, 3. 61 MAIN STREET, HOPKINTON, MA (ACTION)
The Hopkinton Board of Selectmen will hold a public hearing relative to an Annual Entertainment License application from Rachel Werrick, on behalf of Marty’s at 61 Main Street, for outdoor Public Entertainment including amplification systems for several outdoor events, to be held on the grounds at 61 Main Street. Such events may include a Food Truck Event, an Annual Spring Fling, and an Annual Octoberfest. One hundred or more patrons may be expected for some events.
Supporting Exhibits: Marty Liquor Entertainment License Application and supporting documents; Legal Notice; Permitting Team Comments
The Board of Selectmen closed the public hearing on the application for an Entertainment License from Marty’s at 61 Main St. (4-1)
7:45 PM FY20 COMPREHENSIVE BUDGET AND CAPITAL BUDGET HEARING
4. The Board of Selectmen will review the budget and capital requests of the Schools,
Senior Center, Library, Youth & Family Services and Parks & Recreation.
Supporting Exhibits: FY20 Comprehensive Budget and Capital Hearing Schedule Hopkinton Public Schools FY20 Budget Presentation; Hopkinton Public Schools Operating Budget; Proposed FY 20 Capital Articles
9:00 PM 2019 SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
5. The Board of Selectmen will vote recommendations on 2/11/19 Special Town
Meeting articles. Supporting Exhibits: Special Town Meeting Warrant with Motions
The Board of Selectmen voted to recommend approval of Article 1 on the Special Town Meeting Warrant. (5-0)
The Board of Selectmen determined that the financial interest of Town Counsel in Article 1 is not so substantial as to be deemed likely to affect the integrity of the services which the municipality may expect from Town Counsel at the Special Town Meeting. (5-0)
The Board of Selectmen voted to recommend approval of Article 2 on the Special Town Meeting Warrant. (5-0)
The Board of Selectmen voted to recommend approval of Article 3 on the Special Town Meeting Warrant. (5-0)
The Board of Selectmen voted to recommend no action on Article 6 of the Special Town Meeting Warrant. (5-0)
9:15 PM 2019 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
6. The Board of Selectmen will review its own ATM articles.
Supporting Exhibits: List of potential BoS 2019 ATM articles
9:30 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
9:40 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
8. Supporting Exhibits: 2018-2019 Liaison Assignment List;
9:50 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
10:00 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to the Board of Selectmen
1. Verizon FIOS TV – LFA Notification – Surprese & VME Channel Removals
2. Annual Report of Sealer of Weights and Measures for January 1, 2018 – December 1, 2018
3. Comcast – Form 500 – Customer Video Service related issues
4. Verizon – Form 500-Complaints received regarding FIOS TV service
Upcoming Board Meetings
1. February 11, 2019 (STM)
2. February 12, 2019
3. February 26, 2019
4. March 5, 2019
The listed matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair to be discussed at the meeting. Not all items may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Unless an agenda item is a posted public hearing, the matter may be considered earlier than the indicated time if there are last minute cancellations or other unforeseen events which cause the Board to move more quickly through the agenda.