Design Review Board Vacancies
The Planning Board is seeking individuals interested in serving on the Design Review Board. Applications are due July 19. Design Review is appointed annually for one-year terms that run from August 1 to July 31.
The Design Review Board provides detailed review of uses and structures having substantial impact on the town, to prevent blight, to enhance the natural and aesthetic qualities of the town, to preserve the value of land and buildings and to protect and preserve the historic and cultural aspects and heritage of the town. This responsibility is undertaken via review of site plan applications and sign applications.
Pursuant to §210-142 of the Zoning Bylaw, the Design Review Board shall consist of five (5) residents meeting the following criteria:
- Chairman of the Planning Board or his/her designee.
- One person qualified by training and experience in the fine arts or landscape design.
- One person doing business in the Town or a citizen at large.
- One person qualified by training and experience in the art or design professions.
- One member of the Historic District Commission or a designee of the Planning Board.
The Planning Board may also appoint up to two (2) alternate members who shall be Town residents (for a total of seven (7) members).
The Planning Board is looking forward to appointing an energized and diverse field of applicants that may be new to government or new to Hopkinton and also those with deep ties to the community, as well as those representing varied parts of Town and different demographic constituency groups.
The term of those appointed will run from August 1, 2019 to July 31, 2020. Appointees are not limited to a maximum number of terms.
Those interested in applying should send a statement of interest to John Gelcich, Principal Planner (email@example.com ), 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748 by 12:00 PM (Noon) on July 19, 2019. Email is preferred. This statement should be 250 words or less and includes the following:
- Why you are interested in serving on this committee;
- How you are uniquely qualified to serve in this position (e.g. which specific role you may fill); and
- What you look to achieve as a member of this committee.
For more information, please contact John Gelcich via telephone at (508) 497 – 9745 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .