Zoning Advisory Committee (ZAC) Vacancies
The Planning Board is seeking individuals interested in serving on the Zoning Advisory Committee (ZAC) in varying capacities as outlined below. Apply by 8/9/19 at 12:00 PM, details below.
The purpose of the ZAC is to review and develop proposals for zoning bylaw and zoning map amendments, and to make recommendations to the Planning Board in preparation for Annual Town Meeting. The Board is looking for residents committed to addressing various zoning related topics in depth, and committed to attending regular evening meetings year round.
The following positions on the Zoning Advisory Committee are open and available. All appointees must be a resident of Hopkinton.
- Two (2) at-large members to serve a two-year term
- One (1) member from the Chamber of Commerce to serve a one-year term
- One (1) member from the Conservation Commission to serve a one-year term
- One (1) member from the Board of Appeals to serve a one-year term
- One (1) member from the Planning Board to serve a one-year term
The Planning Board may also appoint up to five (5) non-voting associate members to serve a one-year term.
The Planning Board is looking forward to appointing an energized and diverse field of applicants that may be new to government or new to Hopkinton and also those with deep ties to the community, as well as those representing varied parts of Town and different demographic constituency groups.
The Planning Board will appoint these positions at the Planning Board meeting on August 12, 2019. Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend that meeting.
Those interested in applying should send a statement of interest to John Gelcich, Principal Planner email@example.com, 18 Main Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748 by 12:00 PM (Noon) on Friday, August 9, 2019. Email is preferred. This statement should be 250 words or less and include the following:
- Why you are interested in serving on this committee;
- How you are uniquely qualified to serve in this position; and
- What you look to achieve as a member of this committee.
For more information, please contact John Gelcich via telephone at (508) 497 – 9745 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .