Select Board Actions Taken 11/10/20
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the 10/20/20 meeting.
ii. CHANGE OF MANAGER, WOODVILLE ROD & GUN CLUB, WOOD STREET – The Select Board will consider approving a Change of Manager for the Woodville Rod & Gun Club, to Karen Remillard.
iii. 2021 SEASONAL POPULATION ESTIMATE – The Select Board will consider approving a 2021 seasonal population estimate of 15,048 for the ABCC.
iv. AMBULANCE FUND GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $50.00 to the Ambulance Fund in memory of Joseph L. Donovan, from Richard and Janet Stewart, Hopkinton.
v. LIBRARY GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $100 to the Library from the Hopkinton Women’ Club.
● The Select Board approved Consent Agenda items i, ii, iv, and v. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved the 2021 Seasonal Population Estimate. (5-0)
6:20 PM EMPLOYEE INTRODUCTION – The Fire Chief will introduce Firefighter Matthew Bailey who has been promoted to
6:30 PM POLICE OFFICER APPOINTMENTS – The Select Board will consider appointing Brittany Firth and Nathan Wright as Police Officers for the Town of Hopkinton.
The Select Board appointed Brittany Firth and Nathan Wright as Police Officers for the Town of Hopkinton. (5-0)
6:40 PM COVID-19 UPDATE – The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
6:50 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
i. Main Street Corridor Project Update
ii. 2021 License Renewals Process and Issues
iii. FY22 and 2021 Annual Town Meeting Updates
iv. Hiring Freeze exemptions: Senior Library Assistant
● The Select Board approved the hiring of a Senior Library Assistant. (5-0)
● The Select Board waived 2021 renewal issuance fees for restaurant, bar and club licenses. (5-0)
7:00 PM POSTED PUBLIC HEARINGS – TWO PETITIONS FOR NEW UTILITY POLES – VERIZON & EVERSOURCE :
The Select Board will hold two public hearings on two separate petitions for new utility poles, submitted by Verizon & Eversource, as follows:
i. East Street – One new pole on the southeasterly side of East Street approximately 614 feet northeasterly from the centerline of Clinton Street. The new pole would be a mid-span pole to raise up very low cables between two existing poles.
ii. Wood Street – Two new poles on the southwesterly side of Wood St.: 1) approximately 105 ft. northwesterly from the centerline of Patriots Blvd., and 2) approximately 411 feet northwesterly from the centerline of Patriots Blvd. Both poles are to support/serve the new Whisper Way subdivision.
● The Select Board approved the new pole on East Street as requested, with the conditions that no new double poles are created and an existing damaged pole is removed. (5-0)
● The Select Board approved the two new poles on Wood Street as requested, with the conditions that no new double poles are created and any existing damaged poles are removed. (5-0)
7:15 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
7:20 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
7:25 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Invitation – Massachusetts Celebrates Diwali – November 13, 2020
2. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notice – 2 Oakhurst Road; 23 Hayden Rowe
3. Board of Appeals Notice of Decision – 25 & 35 Main Street
4. Letter from Wilson St. Pierre & Kathy Hervol, Hopkinton North Woods Coalition, re: Request for Town of Hopkinton support for noise abatement infrastructure around the I-495/I-90 Interchange
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: HPD welcomes 2 new officers; library to add assistant” on the Hopkinton Independent’s website.
- Read “Health director on COVID spike: ‘We’re trending in the wrong direction’” on the Hopkinton Independent’s website.