Select Board Actions Taken 03/16/21
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER – EXECUTIVE SESSION
i. To consider approving executive session minutes of Feb. 23, 2021.
ii. Pursuant to M.G.L . c.30A, §21(a) (Purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions, because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
iii Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a)(Purpose 6) to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate, the lease of East Main St. property to the 26.2 Foundation, and relative to the Upper Charles Trail, because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
6:15 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION – PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:16 PM PUBLIC FORUM – Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:25 PM CONSENT AGENDA
i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the 3/2/21 and 3/3/21 meetings.
ii. ACCEPT GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a $100 donation to the K-9 Gift Account from Doris Carver.
iii. RESIGNATION – Accept the resignation of Ramya Kumaraswamy from the Capital Improvements Committee.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:30 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
The Select Board will consider appointing Patricia Srodawa to the Council on Aging, to a term expiring 6/30/2021.
The Select Board appointed Patricia Srodawa to the Council on Aging, to a term expiring 6/30/2021. (5-0)
6:35 PM SHARON TIMLIN 5K EVENT – Wayde Marshall, Event Director, will describe the virtual event to be held on June 19, 2021.
6:45 PM 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
The Select Board will:
1. Consult with the Town Moderator and Town Clerk relative to changing the date of the Annual Town Meeting, and may vote to set a new date as needed;
2. Review the draft Annual Town Meeting Warrant;
3. Discuss non-financial warrant articles with Department Heads/proponents, as needed;
4. Consider taking positions on warrant articles.
Supporting Exhibits: Draft 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant
7:00 PM COMMUNITY SATISFACTION SURVEY
The Select Board will receive a report on the Community Satisfaction survey from Damema Mann of the National Research Center.
7:10 PM FY 22 COMPREHENSIVE BUDGET
The Select Board will consider adopting the Town Manager’s proposed budget & capital items for FY22 and submit them to the Appropriation Committee.
Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Budget Recommendation
The Select Board voted to forward the Town Manager’s March 16, 2021 memorandum, Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Comprehensive Budget, to the Appropriation Committee for review of the 2.5% tax impact version of the recommendation, and for preparation of a recommendation to the Annual Town Meeting. (5-0)
7:40 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
i. Main Street Corridor Project Update
ii. All Hands Meeting Update
7:50 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
7:55 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS – Board members will identify future agenda items.
8:00 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board:
1. Lucia V. Lopez Email – Main Street Corridor Project Bike Path
2. 8-18 Avenue E – Permanent Solution with No Conditions
3. Foundation for MetroWest – The MetroWest Monday Report
4. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notice – 50 Lake Shore Dr.
5. Board of Appeals Notice of Decision – 20 Downey Pl.
6. Planning Board Special Permit – 53 East Main St. – International Marathon Center, 26.2 Foundation
7. Planning Board Special Permit – 229 Hayden Rowe – Cornell’s Irish Pub
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Residents give town high marks in survey; Main Street work begins“
- Read “Town Meeting date appears likely to change“