Select Board Actions Taken 04/13/21
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
i. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (Purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions, and negotiations with non-union staff Town Manager, Fire Chief and Police Chief because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
6:15 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:20 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:30 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. i. ACCEPT GIFT- The Select Board will consider accepting an award of $3,000 to the Police Department for Officer Brian Sanchioni and Titan, from Hometown Heroes
ii. RESIGNATION- The Select Board will consider accepting the resignation of Beth Kelly from the Hopkinton Historic District Commission.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:35 PM NEW TOWN EMPLOYEES
5. The Select Board will consider affirming the Town Manager’s appointment of Ethan Hart as Data and Application Support Specialist for the Town’s IT Department and Vasudha Dutta, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager’s Office.
The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Vasudha Dutta, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager’s Office. (4-0)
6:45 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
6. The Select Board will consider appointing Christian Franklin to the Capital Improvements Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2023.
The Select Board appointed Christian Franklin to the Capital Improvements Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2023. (4-0)
6:50 PM 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING WARRANT AND MOTIONS; 2021 SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
7. The Select Board will consider reviewing draft motions, signing the May 8, 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant, discussing its town meeting presentations, and changing the date of the close of the May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting warrant to April 23, 2021.
● The Select Board voted to sign the May 8, 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant. (4-0)
● The Select Board voted to reconsider its recommendation on Article 44, Teresa Road to Hughes Farm Trail. (4-0)
● The Select Board voted to recommend No Action on Article 44, Teresa Road to Hughes Farm Trail. (4-0)
● The Select Board confirmed that the May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting Warrant will close on April 23, 2021. (4-0)
7:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
8. i. Main Street Corridor Project Update
ii. All-Hands Take Away Survey Results
7:05 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
9. Supporting Exhibits: FY 21 Liaison Assignments
7:10 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
10. Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:15 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Letter to Select Board from Ann Karnofsky – Frankland Road Land
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Herr cautions that downtown project should not get derailed by complaints from residents“