Select Board Actions Taken 04/20/21
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
2. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the April 6, 2021 and April 13, 2021 meetings.
ii. LIBRARY WEEK
The Select Board will consider designating the week April 4-10, 2021, as National Library Week, and Tuesday, April 6, 2021 as National Library Workers Day. The Designation encourages all in this community to take advantage of the variety of library resources available and thanks our library staff for their exceptional contributions to American life.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:15 PM STREET NAME REQUEST – HOYT’S RUN
4. Pursuant to General Bylaws Chapter 174, Article II, Street Names, the Select Board will consider approving the street name of “Hoyt’s Run”for the new Hopkinton Village Center residential development behind 25 & 35 Main Street.
The Select Board approved the name “Hoyt Way” for the Hopkinton Village Center residential development. (4-0)
6:20 PM HOPKINTON CENTER FOR THE ARTS (HCA) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO FILE
5. MASSACHUSETTS ARCHITECTURAL ACCESS BOARD (MAAB) WAIVER FOR 98 HAYDEN ROWE
The Select Board will consider a request from the HCA to file, on behalf of the Town, an application to the MAAB for a variance to NOT construct an accessibility ramp on the south side of the building and a time variance to delay the installation of a lift to the second floor of the farmhouse.
The Select Board approved the submission of an application to the MAAB for a time variance to delay the installation of a lift to the second floor of the farmhouse. (4-0-1)
6:30 PM PERFORMANCE EVALUATION PROCESS, TOWN MANAGER, POLICE CHIEF & FIRE CHIEF
6. The Select Board will discuss the annual performance evaluation process for the Town Manager, Police Chief and Fire Chief.
6:45 PM PUBLIC HEARING- PUBLIC ASSET NAME – HUGHES FARM TRAIL
7. Pursuant to the Select Board’s Asset Naming Policy, the Select Board will hold a public hearing on the request of the Trail Coordination and Management Committee to name the trail on the Town-owned open space parcels off 192 Hayden Rowe, the “Hughes Farm Trail”.
The Select Board approved the name “Hughes Farm Trail” for the trail on the land off 192 Hayden Rowe. (5-0)
7:00 PM 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING; 2021 SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
8. The Select Board will consider reviewing draft May 8, 2021 Annual Town Meeting motions and discuss its presentations at Town Meeting. The Select Board will review and consider signing the draft May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting Warrant.
The Select Board voted to sign the May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting Warrant with the articles shown on the current draft, provided that no additional articles are submitted before the warrant closes on April 23, 2021. (5-0)
7:10 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
9. i. Main Street Corridor Project Update
7:15 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
10. Supporting Exhibits: FY 21 Liaison Assignments
7:20 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
11. Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:25 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Acceler-8 I-90 Bridge Replacements Project – Virtual Public Informational Meeting April 28, 2021 at 6 p.m.