Select Board Actions Taken 01/11/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 6) to consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real estate, land at 0 Frankland Rd. (Assessors Map U7 Block 7 Lot 0), because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
b. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
c. To approve executive session Minutes (12/7/2021)
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the 12/9/21, 12/13/21, 12/14/21 meetings.
b. RE-SIGN CONSERVATION RESTRICTION – The Select Board will consider re-signing a Conservation Restriction for 42-44 West Elm St. The original was not recorded by the land owner in time and new signatures are required. The document was originally signed by the Board on 8/4/2020.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:41 PM SEASONAL POPULATION FORM
5. The Select Board will consider reviewing and approving an estimate of the seasonal population in Hopkinton for the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC).
The Select Board approved an estimate of 19,469 for the temporary increased resident population for
Hopkinton in 2022. (5-0)
6:45 PM PUBLIC HEARING – PETITION FOR UNDERGROUND CONDUIT, WILSON STREET –
6. EVERSOURCE ENERGY
The Select Board will hold a public hearing on the petition of Eversource Energy for underground conduit in Wilson St. to provide service to a new solar array at 17 Wilson Street.
The Select Board continued the public hearing to February 15, 2022. (5-0)
6:50 PM REQUEST FOR SIGNS IN THE RIGHT OF WAY OF HAYDEN ROWE – PETER LAGOY
7. The Select Board will consider a request of Peter LaGoy to place signs within the right of way of Hayden Rowe during the month of January, 2022, pursuant to Zoning Bylaw Article XXVII, Signs, Section 210-178.F. The Bylaw states that the Select Board may authorize the display of signs within the rights of way of certain streets, which includes Hayden Rowe.
The Select Board approved the display of up to 15 signs within the right of way of Hayden Rowe
between January 11, 2022 and the May, 2022 Annual Town Meeting, provided that they are displayed
no longer than 1 week at a time, that individual signs shall not exceed 18” x 24” in size, and that the
signs are not displayed within the two week period before the 2022 Boston Marathon. (5-0)
7:00 PM PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION, SHARON TIMLIN MEMORIAL 5K, JUNE 18, 2022
8. The Select Board will consider approving a Parade Permit for the Timlin Race event, to be held on Saturday, June 18, 2022. The starting point of the race would be the Hopkins School with the ending point as the Loop Road (by Lot H) and no road closures are requested.
The Select Board approved the Parade Permit for the Timlin Race, subject to compliance with Mass.
Dept. of Public Health Covid-19 guidance. (5-0)
7:05 PM SECTION 15 ALCOHOL LICENSE – CHANGE OF OFFICERS, MOBIL MART, 92 WEST MAIN
The Select Board will consider approving a Change of Officers for the Section 15 Package Store Alcohol License for Global Montello Group Corp. DBA Mobil Mart Hopkinton.
7:10 PM APPOINTMENT – CEMETERY COMMISSION MEMBER – JOINT MEETING WITH
10. CEMETERY COMMISSION
The Select Board and the remaining members of the Cemetery Commission will consider appointing Linda Kimball to the Cemetery Commission, to a term expiring at the 2022 Annual Town Election.
The Select Board and members of the Cemetery Commission appointed Linda Kimball to the Cemetery
Commission, to a term expiring at the 2022 Annual Town Election. (7-0)
7:15 PM APPOINTMENT – HOUSING AUTHORITY MEMBER – JOINT MEETING WITH HOUSING
The Select Board and the remaining members of the Housing Authority will consider appointing Joseph Tobin to the Housing Authority, to fill the seat occupied by the Governor’s Appointee. More than 120 days have passed without a State appointment. The term expires 6/30/2026.
The Select Board and members of the Housing Authority appointed Joseph Tobin to the Housing
Authority, to a term expiring on 6/30/2026. (7-0)
7:20 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE & OFFICER APPOINTMENTS
12. The Select Board will consider making the following appointments:
● Michael Riley to the Board of Appeals, full member (term expires 7/1/2022).
● Beth Malloy as Constable, term expiring at the 2022 Annual Town Election.
● The Select Board appointed Michael Riley as a full member of the Board of Appeals, to a term
expiring 7/1/2022. (5-0)
● The Select Board appointed Beth Malloy as Constable, to a term expiring at the 2022 Annual Town
7:25 PM APPOINTMENTS – NEW TOWN EMPLOYEES
13. The Select Board will consider confirming the Town Manager’s appointment of the following new Town employees:
● Dawn Duplessis, Administrative Assistant, Senior Services
● Cassandra Bigness, Drug Free Communities Coalition Coordinator
● The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Cassandra Bigness as the Drug
Free Communities Coalition Coordinator. (5-0)
● The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Dawn Duplessis as
Administrative Assistant, Senior Services. (5-0)
7:30 PM COVID-19 UPDATE
14. The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
7:35 PM 2022 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING AND FY23 BUDGET UPDATES
15. The Select Board will discuss its own potential annual town meeting articles. The Select Board will hear FY23 budget updates for the Facilities and Engineering, Department of Public Works, Communications Department, Fire Department and Police Department.
8:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
16. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project
b. Municipal Water Supply PFAS Update
c. Lykan Bioscience TIF
8:05 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
17. Supporting Exhibit: FY 22 Liaison Assignments
8:10 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
18. Board members will identify future agenda items.
8:15 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Email – Recognition of 2021 Girls Volleyball Championship – Road Sign
2. Email – PFAS and Turf Fields
3. Xfinity Program Advisories
4. Letter – Town of Milford Acquisition of Assets, Milford Water Company
5. Board of Appeals Notices of Decision – 7 Meserve St., 103-109 South St.
6. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notices – 47 East Main St., 311 Wood St., 111 Spring St.
7. Email – Concerns re Tax Rate Increases & Process, Sanctuary Lane
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. January 13, 2022 (School Committee Public Hearing, FY23 Budget)
2. January 25, 2022
3. February 8, 2022
4. February 15, 2022
5. February 22, 2022
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Town applies for grant to address PFAS; Timlin 5K approved for live return“
- Read “Health director: Expect COVID surge to continue through February; Omicron now dominant variant“
- Read “Updated with new deadline of Jan. 18: Town plans random selection for Boston Marathon charity numbers“