Select Board Actions Taken 01/25/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, 21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
b. To approve executive session Minutes (01/11/2022)
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM RECOGNITION – OFFICER PHIL POWERS
4. The Select Board will recognize Police Officer Phil Powers, who is retiring with just over 34 years of service.
6:45 PM CONSENT AGENDA
5. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the January 11, 2022 and January 13, 2022 meetings.
b. MARATHON FUND COMMITTEE GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $1,000 to the Marathon Fund Committee in the memory of Frederick L. Murphy, from TSG Enterprises LLC.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:50 PM PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION – MASPENOCK MILE ROAD RACE, MAY 27, 2022 6. The Select Board will consider approving a Parade Permit for the Maspenock Mile Road Race, to be held on Friday, May 27, 2022. The starting and ending point is Sandy Beach and no road closures are requested.
The Select Board approved a Parade Permit for the Maspenock Mile Road Race on 5/27/22 subject to
Mass. Dept. of Public Health Covid-19 guidance. (5-0)
6:55 PM STREET NAME APPROVAL – TURKEY RIDGE ESTATES SUBDIVISION, LINCOLN ST. &
7. CEDAR ST. EXT.
The Select Board will consider the request of Courtney Lussier for approval of street names for two new streets in the Turkey Ridge Estates subdivision. They have proposed the following names for a new street off Cedar St. Ext.: Sunrise Path, Emerald Walk, Honeybee Pass or Cabo Way; and an extension of Lincoln Street would be named “Lincoln Street”.
The Select Board approved the names “Lincoln Street” for an extension of Lincoln Street, and
“Honeybee Pass” for a new street off Cedar St. Extension. (5-0)
7:00 PM SECTION 15 ALCOHOL LICENSE – CHANGE OF OFFICERS, MOBIL MART, 92 WEST MAIN
The Select Board will consider approving a Change of Officers for the Section 15 Package Store Alcohol License for Global Montello Group Corp. DBA Mobil Mart Hopkinton.
The Select Board approved a Change of Officers for Global Montello Group Corp. DBA Mobil Mart
Hopkinton, at 92 West Main Street. (5-0)
7:05 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
9. The Select Board will consider making the following appointments:
● Ilana Casady and Amy Groves to the Cultural Council, to terms 1/30/2022 – 1/29/2025
The Select Board appointed Ilana Casady and Amy Groves to the Cultural Council, to terms expiring
7:10 PM COVID-19 UPDATE
10. The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
7:15 PM 2022 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING AND FY23 BUDGET PRESENTATION/DISCUSSION
11. The Select Board will hear FY23 budget presentations for the Library Services, Senior Services, Youth and Family Services, Parks and Recreation, Land Use and Inspectional Services, Public Health Services, Information and Technology Services, Communications, Human Resources, Town Clerk and Elections, Finance, Accounting and Procurement, Town Manager. The Select Board will discuss its own potential annual town meeting articles and consider voting to submit articles into the 2022 annual town meeting warrant.
The Select Board submitted the following articles into the 2022 Annual Town Meeting warrant: (5-0)
- Create School Special Education Stabilization Fund
- Transfer to School Special Education Stabilization Fund
- Approve Lykan Bioscience Tax Increment Finance Agreement (TIF)
- Amend General Bylaws so as to make them gender-neutral
- Accept easement at 2 Oakhurst Road for a school bus waiting area
- Accept gift of land – Lot E, Fitch Ave. in the Elmwood Farms III subdivision, for open space and
- recreation uses (parcel is between Marathon School/EMC Park & Fitch Ave.)
- PILOT Agreement – Wilson St. Solar Farm
- Establish a MGL ch. 53F PEG Access and Cable Related Fund Account for HCAM funding
- Rescind HCAM Enterprise Fund
- Establish MGL. ch. 53E revolving fund for regional Shared Housing Services Office
- Establish ADA Commission
- Prudent Investment Legislation
- Unauthorized/Unissued Debt Rescindment
- Boat Excise Tax
- Lake Maspenock Dam Area Repair Work
- Funding for Terry Farmhouse, Hayden Rowe
- Acceptance of Town Reports
- Set the Salary of Elected Officials
- Last Fiscal Year Supplemental Appropriations and Transfers
- Unpaid Bills from Previous Fiscal Years
- Excess Bond Premium
- Current Fiscal Year Operating Budget
- Revolving Fund Spending Limits
- Chapter 90 Highway Funds
- Transfer To Other Post Employment Benefits Liability Trust Fund
- Transfer to General Stabilization Fund
- Transfer to Capital Expense Stabilization Fund
- Pay-As-You-Go Capital Expenses
- Trustees of the School Fund
8:45 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
12. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Lykan Bioscience Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Agreement Update
b. Designation of Michelle Murdock as a Records Access Officer for the Police Department, pursuant to the Massachusetts Public Records Law
The Select Board designated Michelle Murdock as a Records Access Officer for the Police Department.
8:50 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
13. Supporting Exhibit: FY 22 Liaison Assignments
8:55 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
14. Board members will identify future agenda items.
9:005 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Xfinity Program Advisories
2. Public Hearing Notice, Zoning Bylaw Amendments – Jan. 31, 2022
3. Notice of Decision, Board of Appeals – 311 Wood Street
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. February 1, 2022
2. February 8, 2022
3. February 15, 2022
4. February 22, 2022
5. March 1, 2022
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Officer Powers lauded; health director notes positive signs regarding COVID surge“