Select Board Actions Taken 02/01/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
2. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the January 18, 2022 meeting.
b. ACCEPT MARATHON FUND COMMITTEE GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $50 to the Marathon Fund Committee in the memory of Frederick L. Murphy, from Mr. Thomas J. Poirier.
c. MARATHON FUND REQUESTS – The Select Board will consider approving the following fund requests from the Marathon Fund Committee, which has a balance of $66,179.63.
i) Hopkinton Police Association – $1,600 for the annual family fishing derby (May 2022) to stock the pond with fish from the Gilbert Hatchery, Plymouth, MA.
ii) Marathon Fund Committee – $7,200 for scholarships of six graduating 2022 High School seniors at $1,200 each ( must be Hopkinton residents).
iii) Hopkinton High School Senior Class – $2,000 towards transportation for the Senior Prom to be held on May 13, 2022, from Lake Pearl to Urban Air in Bellingham in Silver Fox Coaches from the Silver Fox Millbury, MA bus company.
iv) Hopkinton High School Junior Class – $2,000 towards transportation for the Junior Prom to be held on April 29, 2022, from Lake Pearl to Urban Apex in Marlborough and back to the High School in Silver Fox Coaches from the Silver Fox Millbury, MA bus company.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:15 PM PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION – HOPKINTON HIGH SCHOOL ROLLING CAR PARADE
4. CLASS OF 2022, JUNE 4, 2022 (RAIN DATE JUNE 5, 2022)
The Select Board will consider approving a Parade Permit for a Hopkinton High School Rolling Car Parade for the Class of 2022, to be held on Saturday, June 4, 2022 with a rain date of June 5, 2022 with the starting and ending point at the High School. The following roads are requested to be closed: Hayden Rowe, Chestnut St., Ash St., Main St., Wood St., Elm St., West Main St., Pleasant St.
The Select Board approved a Parade Permit for the Hopkinton High School Rolling Car Parade for the Class of 2022, on June 4, 2022 (rain date June 5, 2022), pending approval of operational details by the Police Dept., Fire Dept. and DPW, and provided that any associated costs are the responsibility of the School Department and/or the Class of 2022. (5–0)
6:25 PM PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION – 126th BOSTON MARATHON, APRIL 18, 2022
5. The Select Board will consider approving a Parade Permit for the 126th Boston Marathon, to be held on Monday, April 18, 2022 with the starting point at E. Main St. adjacent to the Hopkinton Common and ending point at Route 135 at Hopkinton/Ashland line. The road closures will be variable starting at 7:00 AM and will be determined by the Hopkinton Police Department as the event gets closer.
The Select Board approved a Parade Permit for the Boston Marathon on April 18, 2022. (5-0)
6:40 PM FY 2023 CONSOLIDATED BUDGET SUBMISSION
6. The Town Manager will submit the consolidated FY 23 budget to the Select Board, and the Board will discuss the budget provisions and the process going forward. The School Committee and Appropriation Committee are invited.
7:10 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
7. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Lykan Bioscience Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Agreement Update
7:25 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
8. Supporting Exhibit: FY 22 Liaison Assignments
7:30 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
9. Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:35 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Letter to Select Board from Local Election Districts Review Committee, Jan. 11, 2022
2. Email from John Ritz to Select Board re: Upper Charles Trail, Jan. 26, 2022
3. Letter to Select Board from Dept. of Telecommunications & Cable re: License Expiration Notice, Jan. 12, 2022
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. February 8, 2022
2. February 15, 2022
3. February 22, 2022
4. March 1, 2022
5. March 15, 2022
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Eversource’s latest tax appeal derails town budget presentation“
- Read “HHS graduation car parade gets tentative approval from Select Board“