Know Your Vote – Monday, April 25 at 7:00 PM
eHop will hold its 10th Annual Know Your Vote forum on Monday, April 25, 2022 at 7-9 pm. This will be an in-person forum at HCAM Studios (77 Main Street). It will be broadcast live on HCAM-TV and YouTube https://youtu.be/TycEjUmAXEU. This is a unique opportunity to get the answers you need from town officials before Town Meeting. This year, Town Meeting will vote on an FY2023 budget with a projected net tax impact of 2.1% as well as many other issues including:
- PFAS (Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances) Water Filtration System for Well #6
- MWRA (Massachusetts Water Resources Authority) Connection Design Work
- Fruit Street Turf Field Replacement
- Town & School Operating Budget
- Marathon School Addition increased costs
- Community Preservation Funds including portions of the Upper Charles Trail project, Fruit Street Pickleball and Tennis Courts, EMC and Skate Park Projects
- Tax Increment Finance (TIF) Agreement – Lykan Bioscience
- Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) Agreement – Wilson Street Solar Farm
- And more…
Residents are encouraged to watch live on HCAM-TV (Comcast 8/ Verizon 30) and on HCAM’s YouTube channel https://youtu.be/TycEjUmAXEU. Residents are encouraged to submit questions during the forum via YouTube chat, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and via Facebook (@ehop01748). Residents may also submit their questions via email prior to the event. The show will be recorded and available for viewing after the event.
The panel will include the Town Manager, Assistant Town Manager, Select Board Chair, Superintendent, HPS Director of Finance & Operations, School Committee Chair, DPW Director, Upper Charles Trail Committee Chair, and other town leaders including the Town Clerk, Town Moderator, Planning Board Vice Chair, and Parks & Recreation Commission Chair. Stay tuned… Over the next weeks eHop will be sharing information about many of the articles that are up for a vote. For more information please visit our website, ehop.org/town-meeting.
eHop (www.ehop.org) is a Hopkinton based 501(c)(4) nonprofit whose mission is to provide timely and factual information about key town matters with the goal of increasing government transparency and fostering civic engagement. Know Your Vote is being held in collaboration with the Town of Hopkinton.