Select Board Actions Taken 05/17/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to negotiations relative to non-union employees, Town Manager, Fire Chief, Police Chief and collective bargaining relative to DPW, Police, Fire and Library Unions because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board.
b. To approve executive session Minutes (4/19/2022, 5/2/2022).
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
- Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM SELECT BOARD REORGANIZATION
- The Select Board will select a Chair and Vice Chair for the next year.
The Select Board voted to appoint Amy Ritterbusch as the Chair and Mary Jo LaFreniere as the Vice Chair. (5-0)
6:43 PM CONSENT AGENDA
- The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the April 12,
2022, April 19, 2022 and May 2, 2022 meetings.
b. MARATHON FUND REQUEST – The Select Board will consider approving the following fund request recommended by the Marathon Fund Committee for $11,600 requested by the Hopkinton Center for the Arts for outdoor equipment to be used during outside events. The items to be purchased will be 4 picnic tables for $6,000, 6 trash receptacles for $2,100, 5 rocking chairs and 5 chairs for $3,500.
c. G.L. c.268A DISCLOSURE FORM REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF 20(b) EXEMPTIONS The Select Board will review G.L. c.268A Disclosure Forms and consider approving 20(b) exemptions to allow the hiring of the following municipal employees of the School Dept. who seek to provide personal services to a municipal agency (Parks & Recreation Dept.), for Seasonal Summer Sports Clinics:
● Thomas Keane- Basketball Clinic Program Director
● Jean Cann- Track & Field Clinic Program Director
● Michael Greco- Basketball Clinic Assistant Director
● Mark Sanborn- Basketball Clinic Coach
● Gregory Romanko- Basketball Clinic Coach
● Jessica Zwillinger- Basketball Clinic Coach
● John Golden- Basketball Clinic Coach
● Chaney Gaudette- Basketball Clinic Coach
● Mikayla Pucci- Basketball Clinic Coach
The Human Resources Department recommends the hiring of these individuals for the Seasonal Summer Sports Clinics.
d. RESIGNATIONS – The Select Board will consider accepting the resignations of John Morris from the Affordable Housing Trust Fund Board, Mark Hyman from the Board of Appeals and Erica Lawrence from the Youth Commission.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:45 PM PUBLIC HEARING – ENTERTAINMENT LICENSE APPLICATION – HOPKINTON PARENT
- TEACHER ORGANIZATION – CARNIVAL – HOPKINTON HIGH SCHOOL, 90 HAYDEN ROWE, JUNE 23-26, 2022
The Select Board will consider approving an Entertainment License for a Carnival being organized by the Hopkinton Parent Teacher Organization to be held from Thursday, June 23 to Sunday June 26, 2022 in the Senior Parking Lot and the Staff Lot of the Hopkinton
High School, 90 Hayden Rowe. Hours of operation would be Thursday, June 23, 2022 and Friday June 24, 2022 from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm; Saturday, June 25, 2022 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm and Sunday, June 26, 2022 from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
7:00 PM PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING UPDATE
The Select Board approved the Entertainment License for a Carnival being organized by the Hopkinton Parent Teacher Organization to be held from Thursday, June 23 to Sunday June 26, 2022 with conditions as amended. (4-0)
- The Select Board will hear an update on the ongoing Public Safety Building project.
7:05 PM DPU 20-80 PROCESS UPDATE
- The Board will receive an update from Town Counsel Bryan Bertram and Town Manager regarding DPU 20-80, Investigation by the Department of Public Utilities on its own Motion into the role of gas local distribution companies as the Commonwealth achieves
its target 2050 climate goals.
7:20 PM FY 2021 AUDIT REPORT, OPEB REPORT, 2022 Q3 INVESTMENT REPORT UPDATES
- The Select Board will receive an update on the Town’s FY21 Audited Financial Statements, OPEB Actuarial Valuation and the 2022 Q3 Investment Report
7:45 PM PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND GOAL SETTING PROCESS – TOWN MANAGER, POLICE
- CHIEF, FIRE CHIEF
The Select Board will outline the process and deliverables for FY22 performance review and FY23 goal setting for the Town Manager, Police Chief and Fire Chief.
8:00 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
- Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project
b. MWRA Connection
c. PFAS, Municipal Water Supply
d. Mobil Gas Station – Request to perform night work on
e. Town Meeting Post-Mortem
f. Release of Executive Session minutes
8:10 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
- Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
8:15 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
- Board members will identify future agenda items.
8:20 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
- Public Hearing Notices – 27-46 Chamberlain St.; 97 Hayden Rowe; 100 Main St.
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
- June 7, 2022
- June 21, 2022
- July 12, 2022
- August 2, 2022