Select Board Actions Taken – 10/11/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to litigation, Wall Street Development Corp. vs Town of Hopkinton Board of Appeals, because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the litigating position of the Board;
b. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 2) to consider strategy with respect to negotiations with non-union personnel, Town Manager and Police Chief, because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board;
c. To approve executive session Minutes (9/13/22).
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the September 13th, September 20th and September 29th, 2022 meetings.
b. DONATION- The Select Board will consider accepting a donation of $100 to the Fire Department from Sybil Long in the memory of William Gorman.
c. MARATHON FUND REQUEST – The Select Board will consider approving a fund request of $9,000 for six scholarships to Hopkinton residents graduating from High School in 2023. Each scholarship is valued at $1,500.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:45 PM 2023 BOSTON MARATHON INVITATIONAL ENTRY POLICY
5. The Select Board will review and set the 2023 Boston Marathon Invitational Entry Policy
The Select Board approved the 2023 Boston Marathon Invitational Entry Program Policy. (3-1)
6:55 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
6. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project Update
b. PFAS in Municipal Water Supply Update
c. MWRA Connection Update
d. Staffing Update: Social Worker (Direct Services) and Special Projects (Economic Development, Equity and Sustainability)
7:15 PM SELECT BOARD GOAL SETTING FY23
7. The Select Board will consider setting goals for FY 23.
7:45 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
8. Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
7:50 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
9. Board members will identify future agenda items.
7:55 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Decisions – 222 Winter St., 86 Wood St.
2. Planning Board Decision – 83 East Main St.
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. October 18, 2022
2. November 1, 2022
3. November 2, 2022 (All-Hands Meeting)
4. November 15, 2022
5. December 6, 2022
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Town addresses concerns about narrowing of Main Street; Marathon charity number policy set“