Select Board Actions Taken – 10/18/22
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
2. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. NOVEMBER 2022- STATE ELECTION WARRANT-The Select Board will consider approving the November State Election Warrant.
b. DONATION – The Select Board will consider accepting a donation of $50 from George & Georgia Brodeur to the Hopkinton Public Library in the memory of Joan Doyle.
c. RESIGNATION- The Select Board will consider accepting the resignation of Jennifer Reed from the Youth Commission.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:20 PM EMPLOYEE INTRODUCTION
4. Fire Chief William Miller will introduce new Firefighter Conor Sayles to the Community.
6:30 PM ABATEMENT OF TAXES ON PROPERTY PURCHASED BY THE TOWN
5. The Select Board will consider abating the taxes on 4 parcels which were acquired by the Town in FY 2021 and FY 2022. Parcels are: 0 Hayden Rowe (U25-26-0), 0 Hunters Ridge Way (R31-4-0), 0 Hunters Ridge Way (R31-4-B) and 0 Lumber St. (R34-5-0).
The Select Board requested that the Board of Assessors abate property taxes due from parcels purchased by the Town of Hopkinton R31-4-0, R31-4-B, and R34-5-0 for FY 21 and FY22. (5-0)
The Select Board requested that the Board of Assessors abate property taxes due from parcel U25-260 purchased by the Town of Hopkinton, for FY22. (5-0)
6:40 PM MEANS TESTED SENIOR CITIZEN PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION FOR FY 2023
6. The Select Board will discuss and determine the dollar amount of the exemption for the Means Tested Senior Citizen Property Tax Exemption applications for FY 23.
The Select Board adopted Means Tested Senior Tax Exemptions at 200% of the calendar year 2021 Circuit Breaker Income Tax Credit for FY 23. (5-0)
6:50 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
7. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Altaeros Energies Inc – Letter of Intent: The Select Board will consider formally accepting Altaeros’s Letter of Intent required under the Economic Development Incentive Program, (EDIP).
b. PFAS in Municipal Water Supply Update
c. MWRA Connection Update
d. 2022 Fall Budget Survey Results
e. All Hands Meeting
The Select Board accepted the Letter of Intent from Altaeros Energies Inc. and directed the Town Manager and Town Counsel to investigate and negotiate a Tax Increment Finance agreement for consideration by the Board. (5-0)
7:20 PM TOWN AND SOLECT POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENTS AND LEASE
8. The School Department and Town Manager have negotiated Power Purchase Agreements (PPA) and Leases with Solect Energy Development, LLC for rooftop photovoltaic projects at the Hopkins, Middle and High Schools. The School Committee has approved these agreements. All agreements are ready for execution by the parties.
The Select Board authorized the Town Manager to sign the Power Purchase Agreements and the Lease Agreements between the Town of Hopkinton and Solect Energy Development, LLC for the Hopkins School, High School and Middle School. (5-0)
7:20 PM SELECT BOARD GOAL SETTING FY23
9. The Select Board will consider setting goals for FY 23.
Supporting Exhibits: FY22 Select Board Goals
7:30 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
10. Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
7:35 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
11. Board members will identify future agenda items.
Supporting Exhibit: Board Member Future Agenda Items
7:40 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notice – 6 Christian Way
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
- 1. November 1, 2022
- 2. November 2, 2022 (All-Hands Meeting)
- 3. November 15, 2022
- 4. December 6, 2022
Materials for this Meeting:
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Altaeros Energies discusses possible move to South Street; HPS solar agreement moves forward“