Select Board Actions Taken 01/31/23
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM CONSENT AGENDA
2. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. GIFT – The Select Board will consider accepting a gift of $30 from Rebecca Gaffney to the Hopkinton Public Library to be used for the purchase of books in the memory of her friend Cheryl Walker.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:05 PM NEW TOWN EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT
3. The Select Board will consider confirming the Town Manager’s appointment of Beryl Wagner as the Procurement and Grants Manager.
Supporting Exhibits: Application materials
The Select Board confirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Beryl Wagner as the Procurement
and Grants Manager. (4-0)
6:15 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
4. Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
6:25 PM PUBLIC FORUM
5. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM FY24 BUDGET & CAPITAL HEARINGS
6. The Select Board will conduct budget and capital hearings. The Select Board will review the requests of the Police Department, Fire Department, Communications Department, and the Engineering/Facilities Department.
Supporting Exhibits: FY24 Comprehensive Budget Proposal; Department Presentations; Select Board Goals
7:10 PM MAY 1, 2023 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING WARRANT
7. The Select Board will consider discussing its potential Annual Town Meeting articles, and voting to submit articles into the Annual Town Meeting warrant, including a draft Short Term Rental Bylaw.
Supporting Exhibits: Annual Town Meeting Timeline; Potential Annual Town Meeting Articles; Short Term Rental Bylaw; Letter – Short Term Rental Regulation
The Select Board submitted the following articles into the 2023 Annual Town Meeting Warrant: (4-0)
● Wilson Street Solar PILOT Agreement
● Altaeros Energies TIF Agreement
The Select Board submitted an article into the 2023 Annual Town Meeting Warrant to adopt a new
Short Term Rental bylaw. (4-0)
7:30 PM TOWN MANAGER REPORT
8. Town Manager will report on the following:
a. Main Street Corridor Project
b. Per and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) treatment project
c. Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) Southborough Interconnection project
Supporting Exhibits: Town Manager Report
7:40 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
9. Board members will identify future agenda items.
Supporting Exhibit: Board Member Future Agenda Items
7:45 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Board of Appeals Public Hearing Notices – 18 Cedar Street, 18 Kruger Rd, 9 Bridle Path.
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. February 7, 2023
2. February 14, 2023
3. February 28, 2023
4. March 14, 2023
5. March 28, 2023
Materials for this Meeting:
- Agenda and Meeting Packet
- YouTube Video – 2 hours (full meeting)
- YouTube Video – 5 minutes (actions taken summary)
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: Short-term rentals article added to Town Meeting warrant; budget discussions continue“