Select Board Actions Taken 02/07/23
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER
1. EXECUTIVE SESSION
a. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 3) to consider strategy with respect to collective bargaining relative to Police, Fire and Communications Unions because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the Board;
b. Pursuant to M.G.L. c.30A, §21(a) (purpose 2) to consider strategy with respect to negotiations with non-union personnel (Police Chief and Town Manager);
c. To approve executive session Minutes (1/24/2023)
6:30 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:31 PM PUBLIC FORUM
3. Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:40 PM CONSENT AGENDA
4. The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
a. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the January 24, 2023 meeting.
b. AMBULANCE GIFT- The Select Board will consider accepting an Ambulance Fund Gift of $115 from the Curtis Rd. neighborhood in memory of Julie Harris.
c. DONATION TO HOPKINTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS – The Select Board will consider accepting a donation of $1,227 for the Hopkinton Public Schools from the residents of Legacy Farms North phase 3 that was raised through the Diwali event.
d. RESIGNATIONS – The Select Board will consider accepting the resignations of
● Carly Grant from the Youth Commission
● Peter Johnson from the Upper Charles Trail Committee (associate member)
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:45 PM REGIONAL EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
5. The Select Board will consider Hopkinton’s participation in a Regional Emergency Communications Center and review a draft Intermunicipal Agreement between Southborough, Grafton, Westborough and Hopkinton. The Select Board will take a formal position on the IMA on February 14, 2023
Supporting Exhibits: Resident Feedback: Draft Inter-Municipal Agreement (IMA)
7:10 PM PARADE PERMIT APPLICATION – HOPKINTON HIGH SCHOOL CAR PARADE, JUNE 3, 2023
6. The Select Board will consider approving a parade permit application for the Class of 2023, to be held on Saturday, June 3rd, 2023 with the starting point being the HHS-HCA entrance and ending back at the High School.
Supporting Exhibits: Parade Permit Applications and supporting documents; Permitting Team Comments
The Select Board approved a Parade Permit for the Hopkinton High School Car Parade on June 3, 2023
with the condition that since this is the last class in the High School present during the Covid-19
pandemic, that it be the last year for the event. (4-1)
7:20 PM CHANGE OF MANAGER – SECTION 12 ON-PREMISES ALCOHOL LICENSE – 110 GRILL LLC, 7. 1 LUMBER ST.
The Select Board will consider approving a Change of Manager for the Section 12 alcohol license for 110 Grill LLC, to Anthony Carlucci.
Supporting Exhibits: Application & Supporting Document
The Select Board approved the Change of Manager for the 110 Grill Section 12 Alcohol License to
Anthony Carlucci. (5-0)
7:25 PM FY24 BUDGET & CAPITAL HEARINGS
8. The Select Board will conduct budget and capital hearings. The Select Board will review the requests of the Department of Public Works, Land Use, Planning & Permitting, Senior Services, Health Services, Parks and Recreation, Public Library, Youth & Family Services, Finance, Accounting/Procurement, Information Technology, Human Resources, Town Clerk, Town Manager.
Supporting Exhibits: FY24 Comprehensive Budget Proposal; Department Presentations; Select Board Goals
8:25 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
9. Supporting Exhibit: FY 23 Liaison Assignments
8:30 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
10. Board members will identify future agenda items.
Supporting Exhibit: Board Member Future Agenda Items
8:35 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
1. Seetharaman Ganesan Letter – Noise Pollution
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
1. February 14, 2023
2. February 28, 2023
3. March 14, 2023
4. March 28, 2023
Materials for this Meeting:
- Agenda and Meeting Packet
- YouTube Video – 3 hours 42 minutes (full meeting)
- YouTube Video – 4 minutes (actions taken summary)
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board roundup: HHS car parade OK’d for final year“
- Read “Select Board struggles with RECC decision, considers Town Meeting vote“