Know Your Vote – Tuesday, April 18 at 7:00 PM
eHop will hold its 11th Annual Know Your Vote forum on Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 7-9 pm. This will be an in-person forum at HCAM TV Studios (77 Main St, Lower Level). It will be broadcast live on HCAM-TV and YouTube. This is a unique opportunity to get the answers you need from town officials before Town Meeting. This year, Town Meeting will vote on an FY2024 budget with a projected net tax impact of 2.93% as well as many other issues including:
- Town & School Operating Budget (Article 5)
- Net Zero Resolution (Article 46)
- Upper Charles Trail Citizens Petitions (Articles 47 & 48)
- Wilson Street Solar Farm PILOT Agreement (Article 13)
- Cricket Pitch CPC (Article 24J)
- Hopkinton Housing Authority Outdoor Space Improvements CPC (Article 24L)
- Hopkinton Public Schools HVAC Renewal Work (Article 18)
- New Sidewalks (Articles 15 & 16)
- Hopkins School Addition (Article 19)
- Inclusionary Development Bylaw (Article 25)
- 0-2 West Elm Street Zoning Change to Business District (Article 28)
- South Street / Hayward Street Zoning Change to Rural Business District (Article 29)
Residents are encouraged to watch live on HCAM-TV (Comcast 8/ Verizon 30) and on HCAM’s YouTube channel. Residents are encouraged to submit questions during the forum via YouTube chat, email (email@example.com) and via Facebook (@ehop01748). Residents may also submit their questions via email prior to the event. The show will be recorded and available for viewing after the event.
Stay tuned… Over the next weeks eHop will be sharing information about many of the articles that are up for a vote. For more information please visit our website, ehop.org/town-meeting.
eHop (www.ehop.org) is a Hopkinton based 501(c)(4) nonprofit whose mission is to provide timely and factual information about key town matters with the goal of increasing government transparency and fostering civic engagement. Know Your Vote is being held in collaboration with the Town of Hopkinton.