Select Board Actions Taken 10/26/23
Agenda Items & Actions Taken:
6:00 PM CALL TO ORDER – OPEN SESSION
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
6:01 PM PUBLIC FORUM
- Residents are invited to share ideas, opinions or ask questions regarding Town Government.
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
- The Select Board will consider the following consent agenda:
- MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the October 10, 2023 and October 17, 2023 meetings.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (5-0)
6:15 PM NOV. 13, 2023 SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
- The Select Board will consider signing the November 13, 2023 Special Town Meeting Warrant. A demonstration will be held of electronic voting to be potentially used at the Special Town Meeting.
Supporting Exhibits: Special Town Meeting 2023
● The Select Board removed an article from the Special Town Meeting Warrant it had submitted for open space acquisition. (5-0)
● The Select Board voted to sign the Special Town Meeting Warrant. (5-0)
6:45 PM SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER PROGRAM DISCUSSION
- The Select Board will review the School Resource Officer program with Police, School and Youth & Family Service Department representatives. The School Committee is invited to attend.
7:15 PM LIAISON REPORTS/BOARD INVITES
- Supporting Exhibit: FY 24 Liaison Assignments
7:20 PM FUTURE BOARD AGENDA ITEMS
- Board members will identify future agenda items.
- For 10/17 we will add: Town Clean Water/PFAS Remediation Advisory Council Framework Mannan (requested Sep 2023)
- Town Economic Development Advisory Council- Mannan
7:25 PM ADJOURN
Correspondence to Select Board
- Mike Torosian Email – STM – Electronic Voting
- Kristen Turner Emails – STM – Elmwood School Replacement Operating Cost Questions
Upcoming Select Board Meetings
- November 13, 2023 – Special Town Meeting
- November 14, 2023
- November 28, 2023
Materials for this Meeting:
- Agenda and Meeting Packet 10/26/23
- YouTube Video – 2 hours 34 minutes (full meeting)
- YouTube Actions Taken Video (7 minutes)
Related News Articles:
- Read “Select Board Roundup: STM will use electronic voting; 4 warrant articles approved” by Mary Ellen Gambon, in the Hopkinton Independent
- Read “School resource officer role detailed to Select Board” by Mary Ellen Gambon, in the Hopkinton Independent