Elmwood School Replacement Ballot Vote 11/28/23
Tuesday, November 28, 2023 – Polls are open 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Hopkinton Middle School Brown Gym, 88 Hayden Rowe St
Absentee Ballot Application
Shall the Town of Hopkinton be allowed to be exempt from the provisions of Proposition two-and-one-half, so called, the amounts required to pay for the bonds issued in order to design, construct, and furnish the new Hopkinton Elmwood Elementary, located on the Hayden Rowe site at 147 Hayden Rowe, for 1195 students in grades 2-4, inclusive of all building, mechanical systems along with associated site work improvements?
- A YES vote would mean that the borrowing is approved and the expenditure will proceed.
- A NO vote would mean that the borrowing is disapproved and the expenditure cannot proceed without a future ballot vote within 90 days.
Votes Needed: 2/3rds Majority at Town Meeting 11/13/2023 -AND – a Simple Majority at Special Town Election 11/28/2023
Cost: The estimated net Town cost, after expected reimbursements, is $90.6 million, and amount is expected to be borrowed in phases between 2023 and 2028:
Projected Tax Impact: Based on the the “average” Hopkinton single family home with a current
valuation of $753,300 (current average home tax $11,910), and a 30 year borrowing, the tax
- Peak year 2028, $952 (+8%); dropping to $726 in 2040; $538 in 2050; and $0 in 2058
- The average homeowners’s share of total borrowing would be $12,413
- The average homeowner’s payments over the life of the borrowing would be $21,167
Key Documents Video Articles Adjourned on November 13, 2023 at _PM until Special Town Election on November 28, 2023.
Article: Elmwood Elementary School Sponsor: Elementary School Building Committee 2 Article Text: To see if the Town will vote to appropriate, borrow or transfer from available funds, an amount of money to be expended under the direction of the Elementary School Building Committee to design,…