Annual Town Meeting and Special Town meeting school-related article schedule
Just to follow up and CLARIFY the article numbers relating to the schools for both the Annual Town meeting and the Special Town Meeting, the following information is provided :
- Annual Town Meeting Article # 5 – FY09 School Budget *Expected to be covered Monday night by 8:00 p.m. Sponsored by the Appropriation Committee
- Annual Town Meeting Article #48 – Center School Feasibility Study Article *Expected to be covered very late Tuesday or Wednesday night. Sponsored by the School Committee
- Annual Town Meeting #49 – Loop Road Repair *Expected to be covered very late Tuesday or Wednesday night. Sponsored by the School Committee
- Annual Town Meeting Article – #50 – ADA Compliance Upgrade Article *****Expected to be covered very late Tuesday or Wednesday night. Sponsored by the BOS and the School Committee
- Special Town Meeting Article #2 – Excess $ left over from May 2005 article for repairs and such to Elmwood School – looking to give it rescind already granted monies from. Sponsored by the School Committee *Expected to be covered Tuesday during Special Town meeting
- Annual Town Meeting ARTICLE 29 refers to the OSMUD. This will be discussed on Tuesday night DIRECTLY following the close of Special Town Meeting. If Article #28 is covered on Monday and it is still early in the evening, the next article discussed will be #30 and they will continue this way until the close of Town Meeting on Monday. Tuesday night will open with the Special Town meeting. At the close of that, the Annual Town meeting article #29 will be the first discussed and the next will follow where we left off (numerically) on Monday.
Contact Jean Bertschmann (HPTA President) at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure FREE on-site babysitting services (provided by the teaching professionals from the Champions program – they run the after-school programs in our schools) for each of the Town Meeting nights.
Educate Hopkinton’s goal is to keep people up-to-date on the budget process and the Town’s financial needs.