Weekly News Roundup – 04/25/2021
Covid-19 Updates and Vaccine Information • Know Your Vote – Monday May 3rd at 7:00 PM (Virtual Event) • Have questions for us to address during KNOW YOUR VOTE? • Main Street Construction Update: 2 Week look ahead • Public Notice: South Street – Fire Flow Test • Be Watchful of Turtles Crossing • Watch Now: Hopkinton Select Board Approve Street Name “Hoyt’s Way” to honor Marathon Legend, Dick Hoyt • Select Board Actions 04/20/2021
Covid-19 Updates & Precautions
As of 04/23/21, Hopkinton’s Health Department is reporting 988 total confirmed COVID-19 cases; 37 of those cases are active, with 934 recoveries and 17 deaths. You can see historical tracking and updates on Hopkinton’s Community Impact Dashboard which is updated frequently.
This week’s new Covid Updates include:
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19 weekly Public Health Report
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Weekly COVID-19 Vaccination Report
- Town Meeting
- Hopkinton Vaccine Metrics
- Hopkinton Library Curbside Pickup Process Changing
Related News and Resources:
Hopkinton Covid-19 Vaccine Information
Know Your Vote – Monday May 3rd at 7:00 PM (Virtual Event)
eHop will hold its 9th Annual Know Your Vote forum on Monday, May 3, 7-9 pm. This will be a virtual event broadcast live on HCAM-TV and YouTube (https://youtu.be/TSpVpg2gzkw). This is a unique opportunity to get the answers you need from town officials before Town Meeting. This year, Town Meeting will vote on an FY2022 budget with a projected net tax impact of 2.5% as well as many other issues including:
- Marathon School addition
- Center School Renovation Feasibility Study
- Elmwood School Feasibility Study
- Community Preservation Funds including a Housing Relief Program
- Commercial Solar Overlay District
- Police Station Roof
- Skate Park
- And more, read the full Town Meeting warrant for details…
View details about Town Meeting 2021
The Annual Town Meeting Warrant and Motions Document have been posted to the eHop website. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will try to get the answers for you at “Know Your Vote” on May 3
List of Town Articles with Links and Details
Have questions for us to address during KNOW YOUR VOTE?
Our Question Board Topics include:
- Marathon School Addition $3.6M
- Capital Expenses such as Center School Study $60K, School Roofs $3M, Police Roof $250K and more…
- Community Preservation Funds including Skate Park $350K, and more
- Commercial Solar Overlay District (Zoning 2/3rds Vote Required)
- Zoning By-Laws 2/3rds Vote Required
- General By-Laws
Enter your questions and concerns below each of the town warrant topics in the Question Board below.
Send us your questions here on our Town Warrant Topics Question Board
You could also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Street Contruction Update: 2 Week look ahead
Please be advised that this schedule may change due to weather conditions and existing conditions found while performing the tasks below.
What to Expect for the Week of April 26, 2021 and May 3, 2021
Public Notice: South Street – Fire Flow Test
Please be advised that a required fire flow test will take place Tuesday, April 27th. Crews will be testing the fire pump systems on South Street. Because these tests will take place on main transmission lines, customers may notice some discoloration during and after the tests throughout town. Any discoloration that may occur will eventually dissipate. Please check your water before using it. You may need to run your cold water line to clear your internal pipes after the test is complete.
Be Watchful of Turtles Crossing
Your DPW is working closely with the Conservation Commission to protect turtles by installing signs at locations where turtles are crossing our streets. Please be watchful in those areas. Please do not touch the turtles because they may bite!
Watch Now: Hopkinton Select Board Approve Street Name “Hoyt’s Way” to honor Marathon Legend, Dick Hoyt
The Select Board approved a street name request to name a street “Hoyt’s Way” in honor of Marathon Legend, Dick Hoyt who recently passed away.
Select Board Actions 04/20/2021
6:10 PM CONSENT AGENDA
3. i. MINUTES – The Select Board will consider approving the Minutes of the April 6, 2021 and April 13, 2021 meetings.
ii. LIBRARY WEEK
The Select Board will consider designating the week April 4-10, 2021, as National Library Week, and Tuesday, April 6, 2021 as National Library Workers Day. The Designation encourages all in this community to take advantage of the variety of library resources available and thanks our library staff for their exceptional contributions to American life.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:15 PM STREET NAME REQUEST – HOYT’S RUN
4. Pursuant to General Bylaws Chapter 174, Article II, Street Names, the Select Board will consider approving the street name of “Hoyt’s Run”for the new Hopkinton Village Center residential development behind 25 & 35 Main Street.
The Select Board approved the name “Hoyt Way” for the Hopkinton Village Center residential development. (4-0)
6:20 PM HOPKINTON CENTER FOR THE ARTS (HCA) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO FILE
5. MASSACHUSETTS ARCHITECTURAL ACCESS BOARD (MAAB) WAIVER FOR 98 HAYDEN ROWE
The Select Board will consider a request from the HCA to file, on behalf of the Town, an application to the MAAB for a variance to NOT construct an accessibility ramp on the south side of the building and a time variance to delay the installation of a lift to the second floor of the farmhouse.
The Select Board approved the submission of an application to the MAAB for a time variance to delay the installation of a lift to the second floor of the farmhouse. (4-0-1)
6:30 PM PERFORMANCE EVALUATION PROCESS, TOWN MANAGER, POLICE CHIEF & FIRE CHIEF
6. The Select Board will discuss the annual performance evaluation process for the Town Manager, Police Chief and Fire Chief.
6:45 PM PUBLIC HEARING- PUBLIC ASSET NAME – HUGHES FARM TRAIL
7. Pursuant to the Select Board’s Asset Naming Policy, the Select Board will hold a public hearing on the request of the Trail Coordination and Management Committee to name the trail on the Town-owned open space parcels off 192 Hayden Rowe, the “Hughes Farm Trail”.
The Select Board approved the name “Hughes Farm Trail” for the trail on the land off 192 Hayden Rowe. (5-0)
7:00 PM 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING; 2021 SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
8. The Select Board will consider reviewing draft May 8, 2021 Annual Town Meeting motions and discuss its presentations at Town Meeting. The Select Board will review and consider signing the draft May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting Warrant.
The Select Board voted to sign the May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting Warrant with the articles shown on the current draft, provided that no additional articles are submitted before the warrant closes on April 23, 2021. (5-0)
MATERIALS FOR THIS MEETING: