Article 4: Municipal Parking
Article title: Municipal Parking
Sponsor: Select Board
Article text: To see if the Town will vote to:
(1) acquire by gift, purchase, lease, eminent domain or otherwise, an interest in 10 Walcott Street, 14 Main Street and O Main Street (Assessors Map parcels U16 143 0, U16 151 0, U16 153 4) for the purpose of providing municipal parking on such terms as the Select Board shall deem to be in the best interests of the Town;
(2) raise and appropriate, borrow, transfer from available funds or otherwise provide a sum of money for the purpose of such acquisition; and
(3) accept a gift of construction of the parking lot located at 6 Walcott Street (Assessors Map parcel U16 144 0) connected to the property located at 18 Main Street (Assessors Map parcel U16 149 O) for the purpose of providing municipal parking in the downtown area on such terms as the Select Board shall deem to be in the best interests of the Town.
Pass any vote or take any act relative thereto.
Funding Source: Certified Free Cash (or from available funds)
Vote Needed: 2/3rds Majority at Town Meeting
The Hopkinton Select Board has called a Special Town Meeting to be held at 7:00 PM on Monday, November 13, 2023 in the Hopkinton Middle School Auditorium, 88 Hayden Rowe St, Hopkinton MA 01748.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to attend a public meeting or event, please complete this form or contact the Town Manager’s office at 508-497-9701 at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Read the Special Town Meeting Warrant 2023-11-13 (PDF)
Read the Appropriation Committee Report with Recommendations for STM (PDF)
Read the Final Warrant Articles and Motions Document_2023-11-13 (PDF)
- Article 1: Elmwood School Replacement Project (Elementary School Building Committee 2)
- Article 2: Non-Partisan Town Election Ballots and Elimination of Local Party Caucuses (Citizens Petition)
- Article 3: Adopt the Municipal Opt-in Specialized Stretch Energy Code (Sustainable Green Committee)
- Article 4: Municipal Parking (Select Board)
New for 2023
Hopkinton will be piloting electronic voting with handheld clickers for this town meeting. Voters will receive a clicker (as well as a paper voting pass) when they check in at Town Meeting. This system made by Meridia is used by many other New England towns to improve accuracy and efficiency. Read more from the Town Clerk Hopkinton Special Town Meeting Voting Goes Electronic.