Article 3: Specialized Stretch Energy Code
Article title: Adopt the Municipal Opt-in Specialized Stretch Energy Code
Sponsor: Sustainable Green Committee
To see if the Town will vote to adopt the Municipal Opt-in Specialized Stretch Energy Code, for the purpose of regulating the design and construction of buildings for the effective use of energy and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, by accepting the provisions of 225 CMR 22, Appendix RC and 225 CMR 23, Appendix CC, with such acceptance to take effect July 1, 2024; or take any other action in relation thereto.
Vote Needed: a Simple Majority at Town Meeting
- Slide Presentation for Article 3 Specialized Stretch Energy Code
- The Massachusetts Voters Guide to the Municipal Opt-In Specialized Code (MA Net Zero Buildings Coalition)
- 2023 Stretch Energy and Municipal Opt-In Specialized Building Code Frequently Asked Questions (Mass.gov)
- “Sustainable Green Committee proposes Special Town Meeting article on energy code“ (Hopkinton Independent)
The Hopkinton Select Board has called a Special Town Meeting to be held at 7:00 PM on Monday, November 13, 2023 in the Hopkinton Middle School Auditorium, 88 Hayden Rowe St, Hopkinton MA 01748.
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to attend a public meeting or event, please complete this form or contact the Town Manager’s office at 508-497-9701 at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Read the Special Town Meeting Warrant 2023-11-13 (PDF)
Read the Appropriation Committee Report with Recommendations for STM (PDF)
Read the Final Warrant Articles and Motions Document_2023-11-13 (PDF)
- Article 1: Elmwood School Replacement Project (Elementary School Building Committee 2)
- Article 2: Non-Partisan Town Election Ballots and Elimination of Local Party Caucuses (Citizens Petition)
- Article 3: Adopt the Municipal Opt-in Specialized Stretch Energy Code (Sustainable Green Committee)
- Article 4: Municipal Parking (Select Board)
New for 2023
Hopkinton will be piloting electronic voting with handheld clickers for this town meeting. Voters will receive a clicker (as well as a paper voting pass) when they check in at Town Meeting. This system made by Meridia is used by many other New England towns to improve accuracy and efficiency. Read more from the Town Clerk Hopkinton Special Town Meeting Voting Goes Electronic.